Pawn shop deals

Milwaukeh

Checked out a local pawn shop today for the first time. I was really surprised at their selection of hand and power tools. The staff was friendly and we talked tools for almost an hour. Traded in my old dewalt corded sawzall for credit and walked out with all this for about 100 bucks.

post-51237-0-71107000-1438031247_thumb.j

Anyone else have some pawn shop deals to show off?

Now I want to run to the pawn shop tomorrow. I have never really found any great deals. Most of the shops around here think if they have tools they have to be worth almost new prices. Not sure if they don't know anything about tools and over pay for them or if enough people just think since it is a pawnshop they are getting a deal so they price things high. Where are Chumlee and Big Hoss when you need em!

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

• Like 1

It looks like all new stuff, my pawn shops suck I don't even know where the thieves go to cash in there stuff..lol

Lol ya the guy I spoke too said he hates buying tools from people cause they almost always come back stolen. He said he gets most of his deals from buying damaged boxes, like tho knipex needle nose.

• Like 1

• 7 months later...

Yeah, the pawn shops around here are like what others have said, price is almost has much has new, and it's not just tools.  I wanted a stereo for the workshop, and the prices were crazy for beat up, missing buttons crap.  There was one decent model, and when I tried to negotiate a price, the guy got pissed off. I do plan on stopping in some of the other ones around.

-Steven 

Nice score!

I actually just got another pawn shop deal but this time on eBay! Still waiting on it but it appears to be a brand new Klein clamp meter with case and original leads/temp lead for half price. If this proves to be a good deal that's 3 pawn shop scores in the past month! Only walked into a pawn shop three times this year so I think I'm doing pretty well!

• Like 2