Picked this up over the weekend...

Moxy

An old Columbian D4 31/2   vise.  A good American made product!   I didn't have any bolts to mount it with but I'll be picking some up this week sometime.  I think I lucked out too.  The guy I purchased this from was going to restore it but decided he needed a bigger vise, so he had already stripped it down and cleaned it up some.  All I have to do is put a little bit more work  into it, a little grease, clean up some sharp gouges, give it a nice original red paint job and it will be ready for prime time!

• Like 1

Oh man, that is something I gotta do with my bench vise. I think its time that I grease that thing up. I've never had one apart before, but I figure I can grease up the shaft so that it moves in and out better. OMG, did I just say that just now? Why is it when I say something important about tools, it comes out nasty? Good lord :P

If you do, post your pics or it didn't happen.  Plus then we'll all get to see you really ARE talking about tools instead of what you do in your free time.

• Like 1

Looks like my post was edited by a mod, but yours was left to continue being disrespectful towards me. Too bad there is no block button lol. Ok so hears the deal guys. I am going to do my best to clean up my act as far as the dirty talk is concerned. I am doing this by my own volition, nobody spoke to me about it. But it was your post responce Moxy that has made me decide to start being more clean, cause I don't want anymore responces like that in the future. This will also be the last time I speak to you as well Moxy, I don't feel that we mesh you know what I mean. So you will go your way and I will go mine. But the great thing about TIA is there is so many of us, so not everybody is going to like everybody you know lol.

I guess I missed something - I thought we were joking around.  I tried to send you an IM but I guess I'm blocked so I'll say it here.  I don't really know what I did but to offend you but I want to apologize and say I'm sorry for whatever that may be.  Hope you have a good day!

Also -  Back to the thread topic -  I got the vise all cleaned and painted.  Just waiting for it to dry and put it together and post some pics!

I guess I missed something - I thought we were joking around. I tried to send you an IM but I guess I'm blocked so I'll say it here. I don't really know what I did but to offend you but I want to apologize and say I'm sorry for whatever that may be. Hope you have a good day!

Also - Back to the thread topic - I got the vise all cleaned and painted. Just waiting for it to dry and put it together and post some pics!

Yeah I thought it was all jovial in nature as well. That's the trouble with text alone, you can't pick up if someone is joking or being sarcastic...which I generally am!

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

I decided I wanted to make it look nice but still used and well worn and a little banged around like a good vise should.  I decided to paint a few areas I wasn't planning on painting and then take off most of the paint with sandpaper so you could just see a little.  Well the paint adhered a little better than I was hoping for even with some precautions taken. So, there's more paint on it than I was hoping for now that it's painted but it still operates flawlessly and I guess it will pick up the look more over time.  Anyway - here's it is for now....  I may strip those pieces again later but I haven't decided yet.  (Also - not the best picture but it will do for now.)

• Like 1

I decided I wanted to make it look nice but still used and well worn and a little banged around like a good vise should. I decided to paint a few areas I wasn't planning on painting and then take off most of the paint with sandpaper so you could just see a little. Well the paint adhered a little better than I was hoping for even with some precautions taken. So, there's more paint on it than I was hoping for now that it's painted but it still operates flawlessly and I guess it will pick up the look more over time. Anyway - here's it is for now.... I may strip those pieces again later but I haven't decided yet. (Also - not the best picture but it will do for now.)

. Agree with Kruton 100% looks good moxy!