Dewalt vs Ridgid jigsaw?

jrsalas

5eb89b98e2b2d611ea514b209fb066db.jpg

I'm going to give this a try and if i don't like it, ill exchange it. Truth is, the light And blower system sold me. The Dewalt they have is a lower end and just seemed cheap. Idk. I don't use one often so justifying the cost of a nice Bosch is hard. I'll let you guys know how it goes.

Sent from my VS985 4G using Tapatalk

• Like 1

You might want to get the Ridgid as it is a barrel grip. That seems to be the preferred grip, but you never know what a person really likes till they put their hands on it.

Thanks Jason, I do like the feel of the barrel grip. Just wished it came with a bigger motor. Maybe 5 or 6 amp.

I'm sure this Bosch is a nice jig saw but 260 bucks is a huge difference between it and the Ridgid. Some times unless your using the tool every day to make money you have to make a decision on how much you can spend.

http://www.homedepot.com/p/Bosch-7-2-Amp-Barrel-Grip-Jig-Saw-JS572EBL/203370182

HD has a Bosch barrel grip for $140. Out of stock online but sure other places might have it.

http://m.homedepot.com/p/Bosch-7-Amp-Barrel-Grip-Jig-Saw-JS470EB/202691139/

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Congrats on the purpose! Remember to register that warranty LSA! They have the best in the business IF you register!

Yes, as Chris said be sure you register and if you ever use the LSA be sure you re-register it again when you get it back to keep it on the LSA.

Hope you like the Rigid.  I picked up the JobMax Jig Saw Head for my Ryobi multi-tool, and it has worked well the couple of times I've used it.  So I would imagine the regular Rigid one would be just as good if not better.

The Ryobi seems pretty expensive at 60 bucks.

I thought the same thing.  Don't they have the cordless version going for $50 right now?  Course you'd have to have a battery to go with it, but still.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm sure this Bosch is a nice jig saw but 260 bucks is a huge difference between it and the Ridgid. Some times unless your using the tool every day to make money you have to make a decision on how much you can spend.

http://www.homedepot.com/p/Bosch-7-2-Amp-Barrel-Grip-Jig-Saw-JS572EBL/203370182

Wait... are you saying we're supposed to limit our tool budgets?!?  lol

I have 2 Bosch jigsaws an absolutely love them. One has the old style blade change were you spin a knob on top an the new one just has a lever. I prefer the new for the blade change, it's also more compact.

Here's a picture I have, it's a least a year old. It was when I just purchased the newer one. Only reason I bought a new one is it was marked down to 20 bucks.

I do metalworking mainly an don't use jigsaws daily. If I paid full price I wouldn't of got the Bosch.

• Like 1

Going back! Alright, i had a few small projects and even purchased the Bosch blades for the jigsaw but still wasn't conceived.ac62571cd53a336b27e576943f950ce8.jpg

Pros: barrel grip, light, blower, and low vibration.

Cons: low power, bad visibility, slow cutting (even with aggressive blade), hard to cut sharp turns (even with thin blade), and the short half inch stokes may be to blame.

Overall it's a good unit but I would have kept it if it was a little bit more powerful.

This is what I'm eyeballing now.e03abcb4cc275ec4f899f8586a2c668a.jpg

The slow cutting and trouble with turns are almost certainly a stroke length issue. Cutting material thicker than the stroke length clogs a section of teeth which holds everything up. Material more than twice the stoke length and a section in the middle never sees unclogged teeth.  Stroke length is way more important than most people think.

I'll second on the Bosch. Check out the prices you can get on one of those. Can't go wrong with the DeWALT either. All depends on your budget and how much you are going to use it and how rough you will be on it. Might be able to get away with a cheaper one and he just fine..