Ryobi Brushless Drill

DR99

Hopefully that makes its way over here. A lot of people look past Ryobi because of the name, but they are bringing their A game. I would like to see a professional user put one through the paces and see what they think. I know as a DIY weekend Rambo I am having great luck with the drill I got.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

Yeah I agree Kruton, Ryobi is a solid brand and this is a great foray for them to make. I only have the Airstrike nailer but it's a quality nail gun. Especial with a hammer function. Is it an automatic torque control? It looks that way and the B&D Autosense sort of had that.

Yeah Ryobi is so competitive in so many places at a very good price it's remarkable. Their 40v stuff is fantastic for the price in the yard, I think got their 40v weedwacker on sale with a big battery and charger included at HD for $99. The Airstrike Brad for just over $100 has no real competition in that price range either, I love mine and have put thousands of brads through it without a single jam.

Yeah Ryobi is so competitive in so many places at a very good price it's remarkable. Their 40v stuff is fantastic for the price in the yard, I think got their 40v weedwacker on sale with a big battery and charger included at HD for $99. The Airstrike Brad for just over $100 has no real competition in that price range either, I love mine and have put thousands of brads through it without a single jam.

I think I am going to pick up one of their brad nailers. I have heard nothing but good things about them.

I'm a huge Ryobi fan for the homeowner..clients asks me about all my Milwaukee stuff but I always push them on to

Ryobi..I think they might be ok for perfessional if taken care of properly!!

That brad nailer has been tempting me for months but I really don't wanna keep up w more batteries from another brand!!!

+1 for Ryobi happy to see them grow!!!

I'm a huge Ryobi fan for the homeowner..clients asks me about all my Milwaukee stuff but I always push them on to

Ryobi..I think they might be ok for perfessional if taken care of properly!!

That brad nailer has been tempting me for months but I really don't wanna keep up w more batteries from another brand!!!

+1 for Ryobi happy to see them grow!!!

I understand that completely. If I didn't already have one of their drills and a saw it might be a little less tempting.

I understand that completely. If I didn't already have one of their drills and a saw it might be a little less tempting.

Hell I don't have anything ryobi and its still super tempting!!! I hate carrying that air and hose in to jus shoot a hand full of brads!!!

That things got some great reviews!!!

• Like 1

I had some ryobi stuff before moving to Milwaukee so I had some of the batteries already so the airstrike was a no brainier. One really compelling thing about the One+ platform is the batteries are dirt cheap compared to brands like Milwaukee. You can get a two pack of 4.0 Ah lithiums for $99 and sometimes they even go on sale for $90. It hard to find any single Milwaukee battery for that.

• Like 1

I had some ryobi stuff before moving to Milwaukee so I had some of the batteries already so the airstrike was a no brainier. One really compelling thing about the One+ platform is the batteries are dirt cheap compared to brands like Milwaukee. You can get a two pack of 4.0 Ah lithiums for $99 and sometimes they even go on sale for $90. It hard to find any single Milwaukee battery for that.

There is definitely something to be said for the price of the batteries. I just checked on a couple new 4.0ah Makita 1840's. You might be able to get one 3.0ah battery for the price of 2 Ryobis.

There is definitely something to be said for the price of the batteries. I just checked on a couple new 4.0ah Makita 1840's. You might be able to get one 3.0ah battery for the price of 2 Ryobis.

It's not a bad strategy to keep the expensive tools' batteries for the expensive hard working tools and use the cheap Ryobi batteries running their led flood lights, lanterns, fans etc. Just because you have a Ryobi Airstrike doesn't mean you can't use those batteries to get into some Ryobi's excellent inexpensive accessories. Their little led lantern is a ridiculous $20 and runs a long time on the 4.0 battery and the fan is like $40. The LED flood is $70 and bright as hell. Your dollar goes a long way with Ryobi for sure.

It's not a bad strategy to keep the expensive tools' batteries for the expensive hard working tools and use the cheap Ryobi batteries running their led flood lights, lanterns, fans etc. Just because you have a Ryobi Airstrike doesn't mean you can't use those batteries to get into some Ryobi's excellent inexpensive accessories. Their little led lantern is a ridiculous $20 and runs a long time on the 4.0 battery and the fan is like $40. The LED flood is $70 and bright as hell. Your dollar goes a long way with Ryobi for sure.

I've been thinking about getting their lantern to try out. Sounds like it is worth it. I would have to add the fan to your list. I have one and love it.

I did include the fan for $40 lol. I have to pick up the lantern too. I've played with one and it isn't bad at all. It's not as nice as the Milwaukee lanterns to be sure but it costs less than 1/3 which is crazy. It also means I can use it and not worry about a $70+ lantern attached to a battery worth even more.

• Like 1

I did include the fan for $40 lol. I have to pick up the lantern too. I've played with one and it isn't bad at all. It's not as nice as the Milwaukee lanterns to be sure but it costs less than 1/3 which is crazy. It also means I can use it and not worry about a $70+ lantern attached to a battery worth even more.

Hahahaha. My bad, if I would learn to read...

Man funny you say that..I've got the m18 flood light and left it behind on a maintenance job outside..I was more upset I could lose a battery than I was about the light!!

But no worries I sent our new guy to get her and she returned safely!!

Man funny you say that..I've got the m18 flood light and left it behind on a maintenance job outside..I was more upset I could lose a battery than I was about the light!!

But no worries I sent our new guy to get her and she returned safely!!

I know, like most guys here I probably have a light fetish ( especially LED's) and when I use my Milwaukee m18 led stick light I'm afraid to put it in jeopardy because with the battery it's practically $200! It's a great light but they ain't cheap. A Ryobi light to throw around isn't a bad idea...