RIDGID HyperDrive Cordless Nailer Brushless

comp56

They look identical to the Ryobi's save for different styling.I think the marketing guys got too aggressive with the photos trying to make them look big and powerful in the forefront of the image. Probably a bad choice for a tool that's a little porky. They should have got guys that were 6'11" 340lbs to make the tool look smaller ;)

• Like 2

I like everything about this nailer better than the ryobi except the led light..these guns are practically the same design..only the rigid has brushless and the ryobi is brushed..

There's only 2 things about the ryobi I like better than the Rigid..

-the led lights

-the price point!!

Overall both good nailers..just keep the head/firing pin lubricaded!!

They look good but also look huge!  Plus cordless nailers are too expensive right now.

They are most definitely bulky in comparison to a pneumatic nailer but not some much so it's inpractical!!

The RIGID is pretty pricey at $230 bare tool & $330 w 1 battery and charger

However Ryobis air strike is $130 bare tool..that's as not much more than you'd spend on a worth a darn pneumatic nailer!!

• Like 1

• 4 months later...

I waited for the Ridgid model to come out and purchased one from HD one month ago. The system is similar design to that of the Ryobi. I think it's the same company making it as well.

I returned it because I found it inconsistent burying the brads into the wood. Don't get me wrong, it works but I wasn't impressed. I had all the settings to max. presure and depth to max. and I found I had to have complete weight (both hands) behind the gun for it to sink. If the gun bounces in any way (one handed), the brads don't always sink. I think the technology isn't anywhere near an air compressor yet. 

A friend said he removed the rubber pad on the tip and he said it helped a bit but it would mar surface.

I think it's a good tool for occasional nailing but everyday use, it doesn't compare to air compressor yet. 

The dewalt 16g 18v and 20v are really awesome. If you want a battery nailer that is as good as air. But the Dewalt guns are expensive. But like they say. You get what you pay for. I promise they won't disappoint. If they do you must of got a lemon. And take it back for a new one. And they last all day. Awesome tool from dewalt. And I grew up on Makita tools. So im not a some fan boy. [emoji6] [emoji375]

Sent from my LGAS995 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

• 6 months later...
On 1/4/2016 at 2:15 PM, Trident167 said:

I waited for the Ridgid model to come out and purchased one from HD one month ago. The system is similar design to that of the Ryobi. I think it's the same company making it as well.

I returned it because I found it inconsistent burying the brads into the wood. Don't get me wrong, it works but I wasn't impressed. I had all the settings to max. presure and depth to max. and I found I had to have complete weight (both hands) behind the gun for it to sink. If the gun bounces in any way (one handed), the brads don't always sink. I think the technology isn't anywhere near an air compressor yet. 

A friend said he removed the rubber pad on the tip and he said it helped a bit but it would mar surface.

I think it's a good tool for occasional nailing but everyday use, it doesn't compare to air compressor yet. 

What kind of wood was this in? Was it particularly hard or dense? I have used the Ryobi 18v 18ga nailer many times and it has yet to disappoint.