Best grill???

Downshftking

All of my friends that own the Big Green Egg rave about it, but they are expensive. I can not bring myself to spend that kind of money on one. Not sure what your budget was.

brother-in law has a green egg and stands by it.....and I mean he actually stands by it so nobody takes it......lol

While not the "best" have a look at what I posted in the hardware thread, it's a great starter smoker/grill.  If you want the "Best" how much are you willing to spend? How much meat do you want to grill/smoke? If I know that, I can hook you up with some options.  I been smoking for many years, although mostly backyard stuff, I did spend about 10 years helping a buddy with his catering business. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

A "custom" smoker/grill doesn't have to be that expensive.  I just built a Big Papa Smokers kit for my friend.  Cost me about $250 including the, primer and paint.  That was using the best kit they had but the have one kit for about $150.  And ugly drum smokers (UDS) are used in competitions so I'd say it's worth checking into.Finished product below. (He's a St. Louis Cardinals fan if you didn't recognize the symbol.)

• 2 weeks later...