What extras do you keep on hand?

JimboS1ice

Everyone has a few items that they have a surplus of and always within an arms reach of. What do you guys have a plethora of?

I have quite a few tape measures, pencils and sharpies, and box cutters. Can't ever have enough of those. What do you think?

Jimbo

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Everyone has a few items that they have a surplus of and always within an arms reach of. What do you guys have a plethora of?

I have quite a few tape measures, pencils and sharpies, and box cutters. Can't ever have enough of those. What do you think?

Jimbo

Wire cap, scrap ground wire, spare test leads, a ton of extra screwdriver, and plenty of extra Philip bits

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I always keep a good assortment of tape measures, things to write with, notepads and always a calculator (not a phone app, a real calculator.  I don't know why, I just don't like to use the calculator on my phone).  I also try to keep a lot of fasteners and drills.

Tie wire for rebar, always at least 2 rolls. Marking paint, screws of every shape size and color. You name it really. Guys always ask what I have in my truck before even thinking about going to the supply house.

That's the best thing to do, you never know when you might need that little screw or 4 inches of wire.

Electrical tape also works well, you can even use it to cover blisters. I personally use hockey stick tape for everything, it soaks up blood really well.

I have duplicate screwdrivers, snips, multimeters, drills and phillips 3.5" #2 bits. Most of all, wire, I have at least 10,000 feet of extra wire sitting in various containers. I'll never use most of it but when I need a particular type of wire, I will have it. 

• Like 2

Same I just hate my work provides those shitty shockwave bits it drives me nuts

Never used the shockwave bits, I have some Dewalt bits with the magnetic sleeve and they are really nice, that seat well in screws and are very durable. Not sure what they call them but they have the yellow band in the bit.

Never used the shockwave bits, I have some Dewalt bits with the magnetic sleeve and they are really nice, that seat well in screws and are very durable. Not sure what they call them but they have the yellow band in the bit.

I used them before but I am in a union so normally they give our bits to us on the job but they last for shit

I've heard really good things about those Dewalt bits. Don't even consider the Shockwave bits...those Shockwave bits are HF quality at best. It sucks that Tyler is stuck with them, at least they aren't costing him money, just his patience.

I've heard really good things about those Dewalt bits. Don't even consider the Shockwave bits...those Shockwave bits are HF quality at best. It sucks that Tyler is stuck with them, at least they aren't costing him money, just his patience.

Yup I snap the shit out of them at work using my big impact gun

You would think they would buy something else to save money instead of just buying more of the same junk.

They have a deal with Milwaukee we place large orders and get a Hugh discount. And if I want any Milwaukee tool I can get 20-30 percent off. Same thing for carhartt but as a employee I get a 10 percent discount

They are a nice bit they seat well in the screw and very rarely do I strip out the head, if I do it's because me not the bits. They aren't as pricy as the milwaukees either.

They have a deal with Milwaukee we place large orders and get a Hugh discount. And if I want any Milwaukee tool I can get 20-30 percent off. Same thing for carhartt but as a employee I get a 10 percent discount

But they can easily take there money to DeWalt..lol My Dad was one of the supers at an airport expansion project and one time he ordered 200 18volt xrp hammer drills. He said the electricians stole them so fast he had to keep ordering more..lol