Another Toy for the Shop.....

comp56

finally found a jointer I liked, I didn't want to buy new because they just don't make them like they used to......I come across this puppy today and after close inspection it is like new, runs dead quiet and beds are all true. came with fairly new blades installed and a spare set.

I'm a happy camper....... 

DSC_2055.jpg

• Like 2

well it is a shame, as it was most likely someone's pride and joy, as the fellow that sold it to me said it was his recently passed grandfather's and he has no use for it. so I picked it up for $120.............

Nice Comp! I was looking at jointers yesterday but I just bought a 14" Rikon Bandsaw. It'll be in in a couple of weeks but that is a sweet find you've got there! I'm scouring CL still trying to find one in my area. That's going to get some serious use from you I bet!

What a sweet deal on a very good jointer. I think we have the same one in our shop, it's a Delta for sure. Only problem we had was with the on/off switch which was easily replaced. It's a real workhorse, as are most tools that are made back in the day. Seems like we live in a throwaway culture lately. Nice to get tools that can be passed down for generations! congrats

that is for sure, as it were, the old timer that owned this must have takin very good care of it as besides the oily residue the entire machine is like brand new.....