Dewalt DCN690M1 20V MAX XR Cordless Framer $249

regopit

It was hard to say no at that price:( I figure I can break even at worst selling my Paslode. Even though the Dewalt weights more not having to deal with fuel cells and everything else that goes with owning a Paslode is nice. They added a new Paslode nailer to the UTB but nothing information wise about it has leaked yet. The big thing is Dewalt should make an new positive placement version or a tip that allows it. A cordless nailer is perfect for hangers and such.

I have the Bostitch Strapshot Metal Connector Nailer and  use the hell out of that thing. Now that you have to use so many types of straps and hangers a 20 volt one would be sweet.

I have the Bostitch Strapshot Metal Connector Nailer and  use the hell out of that thing. Now that you have to use so many types of straps and hangers a 20 volt one would be sweet.

Paslode used to make one but stopped. The only option it seems is a pneumatic gun like the strap shot or palm nailer. Paslode sells this gun in the UK but not here http://www.itwcp.co.uk/products/paslode/gas-systems/first-fix-gas-nailers/ppn35ci-lithium-positive-placement-nailer/

I think the plan is going to be sell my Paslode guns and the Senco I got a good deal on a few weeks ago and go all Dewalt with my nailers. It will be weird having some yellow tools again

. Nothing wrong bro with mixing a lil red and yellow together bro ;)

I think the plan is going to be sell my Paslode guns and the Senco I got a good deal on a few weeks ago and go all Dewalt with my nailers. It will be weird having some yellow tools again

I hear what you are saying Jason. I was all red now I have some yellow slipping in. The framer, the new drywall screw gun, the 20v miter saw and now I'm looking at the new finish nailer.

I hope you both have learned from this mistake........[emoji12]

DeWalt

I was a big Dewalt fan their headquarters is 15 min from my house and they had a service center there and I would go their all the time and get some great deals. When it was time to start to replace these tools Dewalt was lagging behind so I had to move on. Its wasn't a bad break up we remained friends but now they are slipping back in.  

• Like 1

Yes, yes, yes.....I was afraid mixing red and yellow would turn them to the orange :lol:

I have plenty of red and yellow and surprisingly they get along well... For the most part, sometimes my yellow gets a little jealous though

Jimbo

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mine arrived today. Just need to list my Paslode guns now on Ebay next.

Wow, I haven't even gotten a shipping notification yet. I might have to have a chat with CPO tomorrow to see what's going on.

Wow, I haven't even gotten a shipping notification yet. I might have to have a chat with CPO tomorrow to see what's going on.

Yes, mine is arriving tomorrow also...... You may want to see if it is back ordered [emoji6]

DeWalt

Mine showed up today - unannounced!

I do have a question for the rest of the crew that got theirs as part of this sale.  Mine looks like it's been roughly handled.  I don't want to say that it looks abused, but... well, it looks used.  There was sawdust in the nose, scratches all along the rail and scuffs and slight dings in the housing (metal and plastic parts).  I doubt very much that any of this will affect its performance, but I haven't had a chance to go out to buy a strip of nails to test it out myself.

Is this normal?  Was it just tested at the factory and perhaps bumped around a bit or are they trying to pull a fast one?  I've never had a "new" tool come out of the box looking quite so rough, even if it really is still mostly pristine looking.

I would call CPO and complain I will admit my tool had some black dirt stuff on it but that was just rubbing against the plastic in the case. Was your battery sealed in plastic? Because mine was. They might have had to push refurbs out the door as new ones to make up the difference if they over sold, or someone grab your nailer from the wrong pile. Mine looked like it might have got a little banged around in shipping but that was it, and it just wiped off.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    tharunjohar46
    Newest Member
    tharunjohar46