New Skilsaw Worm Drive Tablesaw

ChrisK

Stuart posted this today.....

http://toolguyd.com/skilsaw-worm-drive-table-saw/

Skilsaw has been rebranded as pro level from Skil and I have the 7-1/4"

I have this one.....

http://www.skilsaw.com/product-spt67wm22/

And it is a PHENOMENAL saw. I can only imagine that this new table saw they are introducing is going to give the competition a serious run for their money. Really cool stuff coming our way to be sure!

skilsaw has been around for along time and has been able to capture the brand name into most all circular saws.....like band-aid......I still call my Milwaukee fuel a skilsaw ......pass me the skilsaw.........and they know what it is......

No doubt Comp but for a field saw this might be the one! I'm using a Dewalt DW745 as my main stay table saw until I have the room for a dedicated cabinet saw but in the meantime the DW does the job as well as its little body can. But putting a work drive on a small saw is going to be pretty darn impressive

Skillsaw is doing a big product redesign now that they were spun off Skill. Bosch kinda bastardized Skill into a bargain brand with a few premium tools. SBD kinda did the same thing with Porter Cable they still have some Pro grade tools but now its more of a budget brand in general. Looks like a nice portable table saw though.

...is it bad that the most fascinating part of the article to me was that it's shipping with a Diablo blade? FFS it's about time somebody saw the light. 

That said, the fence will be the make or break of this unit. Worm drive is great and all but to keep the weight down for a portable unit, they'll shrink the motor, which limits the benefits of a really powerful saw. 

I'd be really shocked if this performed better than the DWE7491 that I have. Saw is a monster...but if it can keep up and manage a decent fence like Dewalt has (the best), it'll be good for sure. 

• 2 years later...
Skillsaw is doing a big product redesign now that they were spun off Skill. Bosch kinda bastardized Skill into a bargain brand with a few premium tools. SBD kinda did the same thing with Porter Cable they still have some Pro grade tools but now its more of a budget brand in general. Looks like a nice portable table saw though.
Nobody has mentioned who currently owns Skil. Bosch sold it to a Chinese company called Chervon. They claim to be a Worldwide major manufacturer of power tools so they must make a lot more than Skil. I had never heard of them before they bought Skil.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

On 9/1/2018 at 12:48 PM, Mycrossover said:

Nobody has mentioned who currently owns Skil. Bosch sold it to a Chinese company called Chervon. They claim to be a Worldwide major manufacturer of power tools so they must make a lot more than Skil. I had never heard of them before they bought Skil.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Chervon's most well known brands they own are Skil, Skilsaw, and Ego. 

• 4 months later...