Bostich 6 gallon 150 psi pancake air compressor

chrismccabe484

I was looking at the same set and it looks like a good buy, I would use it for finish nailers, the inflate of tires, and absent framing. It would be lucky to see a shingle roof now that I've done steel roofs.

The other model I was looking at was a home depot brand "California tools" I believe it is. And it's their 10 gallon compressor. It's way better suited for my needs and not much more money. Just an option to look into but for the size of the bostitch it is top of its class I believe

Sent from my B15 using Tapatalk

While we are on the topic of compressor, could anyone tell me the minimum size for running an air blower. I just want one to blow my tools off each evening

I have a porter cable pancake and I use a husky pistol style blow gun to blow my tools off. You don't need much just to blow off tools.

ya not really a minimum depends on how well you clean/blow off the tools and how many you have to do......the compressor will just fill more often if it is smaller...I'm constantly blowing off tools in my woodworking shop and don't notice the compressor.mind you  I have a smaller 3 gallon portable and a 26 gallon stationary.....as much as I love saw dust I hate it on my tools....lol 

I used to have an older version of this setup.. it's a good compressor and lasted me longer than I expected of daily jobsite use.. it's actually still running but but I gave it to my brother in law when the JC10 came out.. like Jasonc said, it's pretty noisy but probably not a lot more than many of the other options...

Bostitch guns are great. It's all I use, I have about 15 of them from flooring Nailers to pin nailers..

What is the price. Check cpo or ebay.. you might be able to save a lot of money buying reconditioned. That's what my unit was and it was perfect

I believe the Bostich and Porter Cable pancakes are essentially the same compressors.

Bostich guns are nice and will serve you well. That compressor will run nailers, inflate things, and run very low consumption tools, but grinders, painting, etc., are pretty much out.

For its intended use its a nice outfit though.

While we are on the topic of compressor, could anyone tell me the minimum size for running an air blower. I just want one to blow my tools off each evening

For blowing dust out of tools and blowing off smaller stuff, a small compressor like this one will work fine.

I always recommend at least a 15-20 gallon as a minimum size for a shop compressor and even then you're not going to be running high consumption stuff.

I have a 60 gallon and would love to have an 80. Even with a 60 I have to run my sand blaster somewhat intermittently.