Hitachi Acquires Metabo Crazy tool news!!

DR99

http://toolguyd.com/hitachi-acquires-metabo-power-tools/#comment-757589

I heard rumors about Metabo going into Lowes stores but didn't think Hitachi buying them out was going to be a thing. It makes sense as Metabo has been really aggressive trying to get their name out again they tried to grow the brand a few years ago, but it flopped because of limited distribution.

Yeah I heard a rumor about this on the FOG last week but it was unsubstatiated at the time. I actually wined a couple of Hitachi tools that I really liked but I'm not sure what to think here. Metabo is a high end manufacturer of quality tools. Hitachi makes good tools and vibrators. Hmmmmmm

• Like 3

The Hitachi Press release was an interesting read. I'll be curious to see what they do with the brand now. Sounds like Metabo may start showing up at Lowes with the agreement with Hitachi. It might be a good step for Lowe's since I personally feel that Home Depot has the better lineup of tools.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

• Like 2

Reading Stuart's post it appears they already are showing up at Llwes. Was at mine yesterday and didn't see any. The do have a back room though with beads over the door and a Hitachi emblem covered with feathers.

You have to be 18 or older to enter?

Yeah I heard a rumor about this on the FOG last week but it was unsubstatiated at the time. I actually wined a couple of Hitachi tools that I really liked but I'm not sure what to think here. Metabo is a high end manufacturer of quality tools. Hitachi makes good tools and vibrators. Hmmmmmm

What are you talking about Chrisk its just a neck massager!!

• Like 2

Well Metabo and Hitachi haven't been able to make in roads into the power tool market as much as they wanted. The big three just dominate Dewalt, Makita, and Milwaukee and HD has exclusives with two of them!! Lowes needed to do something  their tool selection sucks for the most part losing Milwaukee to HD was a huge loss did Lowes have Makita at one point? I'm not sure I know Milwaukee was carried till TTI bought out Milwaukee.

Out of all the tool companies Bosch seems to the slowest when it comes to new tools. I won't say they don't innovate the wireless charging is cool, but they are pretty out classed when it comes to power compared to the other brands right now when it comes to cordless tools. They are durable quality tools just kinda boring I would have put Makita on that list when I first joined TIA they were really slow when it came to updating and adding new tools back then also. I think Milwaukee and Dewalt releasing some pretty nice brushless tools caused them to step of their game.

I will say Lowes just changed their display and they have a ton of new Bosch tools on display but no stock outside of the display units.

Oh.....and yeah.....that HAS to be a neck massager ;)

Neck massager...so that's what I've been doing wrong!

• Like 2

but hitachi makes the best framing nailers ever lol there other tools aint the greatest but fuck there nailers are perfect

Sent from my SGH-I337M using Tapatalk

but hitachi makes the best framing nailers ever lol there other tools aint the greatest but fuck there nailers are perfect

Sent from my SGH-I337M using Tapatalk

No doubt Toronto.... Their newest vibrator is called the Hitachi Nailer and its subtitled "we nail you soooooo haaaaaahd"

Hahahahaha just kidding. Your dead on about the nailers and truthfully they make one of the best SCSM's on the market and their compact air compressor is actually quite good! I just hope they keep the two companies operating separately because Metabo is really a high end manufacturer.

Yep. You guys talk about Dewalt for instance as if they compete with Milwaukee in volume, and perhaps they do in America. In Australia (and I"m sure lots of other non-US locations), they have no where near the market-share or popularity as Milwaukee / Makita. They are somewhere around Bosch (in cordless) and less so in electric.

My point being that American stuff is popular in America. European stuff is popular there etc...

I know right one of the best grinders i ever used was by Walter Surface Industries.......most of you probably never even heard of them before......not big on cordless power tools but are big with production fabrication shops and truthfully that is no place for cordless.....

https://www.walter.com/en_US