What tools did you buy today?

JimboS1ice

1 hour ago, BMack37 said:

I've looked at them and they are ok but I like the containers that are a little more pliable in case they fall. The Plano ones are also thicker plastic. They're better than the hard plastic ones that crack and have the lid break off within the first couple of weeks. The Plano ones are designed to be tossed around, you don't have to worry about them opening...tackle boxes need to be super durable.

$2 is a great price for that Husky IMO.

You can also pick up some of these(high quality, I think it's a steal at this price), they're similar to the hardware trays to find at ACE hardware: http://www.amazon.com/Durham-209-95-IND-Rolled-Individual-Compartment/dp/B006WQB3RK

ok cool, I will be stopping by walmart tomorrow to see what Plano ones they have.

• Like 1

ok cool, I will be stopping by walmart tomorrow to see what Plano ones they have.

I have a couple husky, I like them, I have Plano as well, IMO I think they are a little harder of a plastic than the plano either way they are both good boxes. Clasps are nice on the husky.

9 hours ago, olletsocmit said:

I got this to hold misc. bits.  Not sure if this is the best option thou. How do you guys keep your bits that didn't come in a kit?  

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

I use the same boxes

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, Stercorarius said:

I use the DeWalt cases 1462817119187-2013367452.jpg

Yea i have looked at them a few times... always seen to be hard to close.  I may grab one thou.  I really with that milwaukee sold their rec shockwave cases empty!  I may look on amazon or ebay and try to pick some up

4 hours ago, Stercorarius said:

Thanks Bmack

1462818084564-1984330543.jpg

Glad to see someone else picked them up, it makes me feel good about sharing deals when you guys can pick some up.

I like them a lot, it's also really nice they included a tray that can become a simple rack to store them in a big box or on a peg board. I really didn't want to have to buy a rack for them because my OCD leads to me filling the rack and killing the good deal.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, BMack37 said:

Glad to see someone else picked them up, it makes me feel good about sharing deals when you guys can pick some up.

I like them a lot, it's also really nice they included a tray that can become a simple rack to store them in a big box or on a peg board. I really didn't want to have to buy a rack for them because my OCD leads to me filling the rack and killing the good deal.

Hopefully I'll be picking up this set in the next day or so also! :}

• Like 1

4 hours ago, BMack37 said:

post a pic of the rack/trey that they came with

6 minutes ago, olletsocmit said:

post a pic of the rack/trey that they came with

The part that the wrenches are clipped into comes out of the tray, note the two holes in the right of that piece, those holes have plastic clips that hold it to the tray and a tab on the left side.

KHtaksh.jpg

• Like 3