What tools did you buy today?

JimboS1ice

5 minutes ago, ChrisK said:

Where the heck did you get that deal at?

Local distributor. I guess a major industrial company ordered a bunch direct from Proto and had them custom made in black (proto only stocks red) and then ended up bailing and returned them all and had to pay a big restock fee. Proto had a bunch of boxes they had to get rid of that were already partially paid for and nneded to be clearanced fast. Memo came across the reps desk, he mentioned it to the local guys and they immediately jumped on it, but rep was reluctant to give it to them as he felt there was no way they could be sold. They talked him into setting aside twenty if they could presell them. They knew which twenty people to call, sold them all that day. I only got mine because one of those twenty people canceled there order and I was #21 on the list.

• Like 6

Welcome back dude! Nice deal not gonna lie, you must have done some legwork for that one that I only dream of having come my way. ..

Did you end up purchasing that NAPA box?

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

18 minutes ago, KnarlyCarl said:

Welcome back dude! Nice deal not gonna lie, you must have done some legwork for that one that I only dream of having come my way. ..

Did you end up purchasing that NAPA box?

Yeah, not so much legwork as I spend too much time at the local tool hut. Yeah I bought it. It's the one next to the proto box in the picture.

• Like 1

Yeah, not so much legwork as I spend too much time at the local tool hut. Yeah I bought it. It's the one next to the proto box in the picture.

Ok didn't recognize it because it's black, whereas the one you showed us before was white

14 hours ago, BMack37 said:

Yea it's only four bucks at Lowe's if you guys can find one in the store.  it's being discontinued. Home Depot no longer has it and whatever Lowes has left in stock  is what they have. super recommend getting it.  I would get 2 if you can find them in store at Lowe's 

Thanks to a few fine gentlemen here, I found a few deals at Lowes...

First off, I really like the Gerber EAB Lite knife, the other was a bonus and I decided i'll get two because I can always use an extra knife. The Bosch GLM15 is one aweseom little distance measure... it's within a 1/16"!! Pretty amazing.

20160503_161847

• Like 6

Now I love buying Brand New tools, I don't trust second hand tools... but today I got a bulk lot of Used tools. I have only tried 3 of them so far, and so far so good, although a lot of the tools in the photos to follow do have issues, but hopefully I can get most of them going smoothly.