What tools did you buy today?

JimboS1ice

54 minutes ago, Conductor562 said:

Ive had great luck with them. They're all I buy now. Hope this batch works out better for you.

I was struggling and frustrated with bits for so long until someone on here recommended the makita gold and what a difference, that's all I buy now as well

• Like 2

I've heard both good and bad things about them but figured at $6 it was worth it to have some bits in the case until I figure out if it's going in my bag with my M12 drivers and bit kits or in a different bag.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The bits in the new set I got kick ass

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Gotta try either felo or the wiha terminators

I plan on ordering some when I can remember to do so [emoji23]. I usually end up getting the bigger things we need first. Like today spending $1200 on shelving and a ladder rack for the new van.

• Like 1

5ebf6fcd346f57957b5fa499ab8d810a.jpg

So amazon had a deal of the day on the metric set of these gedore wrenches for only 60 bucks, sad the SAE weren't in sale but the hunt is on! I'm impressed by the quality seals on the box

470c995803bc95936feda9a59478e0db.jpg

And I gotta say I can't believe how light these wrenches are and I'm a huge fan of the finish!

1d7430e77fa45826d8726c99c5e5b7c1.jpg

Also, thank you @john_glasseyi for forfeiting his Instagram win from ridgid over to me, this sweet label light will be perfect for filming!
73d5b2a767afcc52947190b0dcfb9757.jpg

Those wrenches sure are pretty [emoji7]

16 hours ago, JimboS1ice said:

So amazon had a deal of the day on the metric set of these gedore wrenches for only 60 bucks, sad the SAE weren't in sale but the hunt is on! I'm impressed by the quality seals on the box

1d7430e77fa45826d8726c99c5e5b7c1.jpg

Man, I should have bought those, they're beauties. I'm fan of Gedore, the only problem is the price.

• Like 3

I needed a bigger air compressor my harbor freight one wasn't cutting it anymore so I went to HD picked up what I thought was getting the husky 30 gallon electric air compressor for $269 but when I got home and opened the box I realized it was actually the husky 30 gallon belt driven air compressor which retails for $439 at HD 

IMG_6232.JPG

IMG_6233.JPG

• Like 6

27 minutes ago, SevenOddosFence said:

I didn't even think of that - all those tools with lifetime warranty means nothing is store goes under

It may be even sooner than that:

https://www.thestreet.com/story/13841052/1/sears-selling-craftsman-for-2-billion-likely-won-t-keep-it-afloat.html

There's no reason to assume whoever buys the brand will honor the previous warranty commitments.  Your lifetime warranty may end when the sale goes through.

It's a shame.  I have a large collection of USA Craftsman hand tools and although I generally don't break tools the warranty was nice to have for peace of mind.

For a while, Home Depot used to offer free warranty replacement for Craftsman; if you brought them your broken Craftsman hand tool they'd replace it with an equivalent Husky at no charge.  It was great for customer goodwill.  Maybe if Sears really goes down, or the Craftsman brand does, they'll see a business opportunity and start that again.

BTW the sale to Stanley Black & Decker mentioned in that article did not go through.  They decided to buy Irwin, Lenox, and Hilmor from Newell Group instead.  So Craftsman is still on the block, and some analysts think Sears will not find a buyer for the brand now that Stanley has opted out.

• Like 2

Gotta try either felo or the wiha terminators

I have both Felo and Wiha impact bits and of course since I've bought them I haven't had to use them. I might just go buy a 2x4 and screws so I have an excuse to try them.

• Like 2

21 hours ago, MikeyB said:

Couple of my orders came in. From Deluth Trading I picked up a fire log carrier (awesome) and a face mask for snow blowing duty. And I scored (2) Makita 6AH 18V batteries from EBay for $185.00 for both. Thought that was a good price.

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Charging up these new Makita 6.0AH batteries today and I noticed that when I charged them on my Makita DC18RC Fast Charger that the red indicator light on the charger stays on indicating the battery is low on charge but as the battery is charging the LEDs on the battery itself say that it's charging up to the 4 bars (as I check them during charging). I also tried charging the batteries on an older Makita DC18SC High capacity battery charger and had the same result.

On the new 6ah battery is says to use the DC18R/S charger. So I think I'm in good shape. Does anyone know if it's normal when charging a Makita battery with the battery fuel gauge for the charger to show low battery level during the entire charging time?

Thanks