What tools did you buy today?

JimboS1ice

1 hour ago, DAROTZ said:

I got a smokin' deal on a M12 Fuel circ saw.  Ordered it from CPO with the free battery.  Ordered it last Tuesday and showed up last Thursday.  Got home today and to my surprise they sent me another circ saw.  There was no sales order paperwork in the shipping box nor was my account charged.  Now I have 2 M12 fuel circ saws and I'm looking to offload one.

image.jpg

id send them an email about it. 

when I was about 20 yrs old I went to the bank to withdraw $475 to buy a stereo, I went in the bank and asked the teller for the amount so she pleasantly went on her business filled out the little slip, walked over and got my money.....passed her my bank book and didn't think anything of it........grabbed the money and my book and left.....about 2 weeks later I'm buying a parts car.....got to run to the bank to get some money. I go in ask for $300  the teller does her regular thing and passes me my bank book back but this time I took a look at the balance......wait a minute.......I have more money in the account than 2 weeks ago but have spent $775?? didn't deposit anything what gives......look again look a third time yup more money........it turned out when I got the $475 the teller added it to my account instead of withdrawing so I had $475 more than I started with plus I just took out $300 so I still had $175 more before I bought the stereo.....being young and excited  I thought bonus....lol woot woot.....

4 months later I'm buying something once again for my car.... got to go to the bank be right back........I'd like to withdraw $1100 please ..............sorry you don't have enough they not only corrected the mistake but also charged me $5 for their mistake.......so saying or doing nothing doesn't always work......

• Like 6

10 minutes ago, KnarlyCarl said:

Oh hey nice set, so... happy birthday!

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Thanks!

It's is a nice set, second nicest set posted this week IMO: http://professional-power-tool-guide.com/power-tool-forum/index.php?/topic/10219-update-to-may-giveaway-new-winner/&do=findComment&comment=135388

• Like 3

On 5/18/2016 at 1:01 PM, olletsocmit said:

Just picked up these step bits and some other odds and ends. Had a $31 gift card and $5 off coupon. Paid like $15 for them. Does anybody else have & use these Milwaukee ones? Is this really worth 50 bucks??

fb4c1fe19eaddd34241716d2905c1ac6.jpg

Cant say ive heard good things about those,but have not tried them myself. I prefer Irwin Unibit. but you will never get them for the price you paid. good score bro.

On 6/1/2016 at 6:47 PM, DAROTZ said:

I got a smokin' deal on a M12 Fuel circ saw.  Ordered it from CPO with the free battery.  Ordered it last Tuesday and showed up last Thursday.  Got home today and to my surprise they sent me another circ saw.  There was no sales order paperwork in the shipping box nor was my account charged.  Now I have 2 M12 fuel circ saws and I'm looking to offload one.

image.jpg

Yall would be surprised at how often this happens in todays computerized world.  Ive gotten stuff for free several times even when ive cancelled the order.

• Like 1

Didn't actually buy it today, but it was delivered a few minutes ago.a44b14751bd3422af36e178e825bd8d3.jpgb9ff9284c65a29a125227a629a151b37.jpg

Looking forward to trying it out! A big thanks to ChrisK. He hooked me up with a bunch of really nice Festool paper sheets as well. Great crew to be a part of!

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

• Like 7

3 hours ago, Fazzman said:

Yall would be surprised at how often this happens in todays computerized world.  Ive gotten stuff for free several times even when ive cancelled the order.

haha I remember that happening to me too now that you mention it. Something involving a lowes gift card and ordering a couple things online to pick up, one of which was a nice sized crock-pot. I picked up my stuff from the store, then the next day or so I got a box in the mail, which turned out to be the same Crock-pot! I actually did call them about it, but they didn't want it back at that point, so I just gave it away.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, kruton said:

Didn't actually buy it today, but it was delivered a few minutes ago.Looking forward to trying it out! A big thanks to ChrisK. He hooked me up with a bunch of really nice Festool paper sheets as well. Great crew to be a part of!

Nlow I feel doubly inferior! :rolleyes:

• Like 1

Nlow I feel doubly inferior! :rolleyes:

Yeah, I don't know if I'm allowed to talk to non Festool owners anymore, I will have to call Germany and ask! I'm trying to decide if I want to keep my cheap Bosch and Metabo tools now or throw them out and become a Festool junkie.

• Like 2

Well Kruton your all set! Let's see what else in the festool line we can sell you now. Let's see you'll need a festool dust extractor. Then a festool plunge saw. Oh out of money now! Hehe. Your a good sport Kruton. 

Shoot, I think the sandpaper is going to cause me to go broke!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, kruton said:

Yeah, I don't know if I'm allowed to talk to non Festool owners anymore, I will have to call Germany and ask! I'm trying to decide if I want to keep my cheap Bosch and Metabo tools now or throw them out and become a Festool junkie.emoji20.pngemoji24.pngemoji16.pngemoji90.png

Dude.....you can still talk "AT" non  festoolies just not "to" non festoolies. It's like they say.....experience yourself in the lower caste, just don't live the lower caste.

;)

• Like 2