What tools did you buy today?

JimboS1ice

I don't get it. What does harbor freight cupoun have to do with this saw. 

Like rich said, some HDs will honor coupons from their competitor, it's kind of a crapshoot whether you can pull it off or not, many stores will just shoot you down.

Jimbo

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My favorite tape measures are the Milwaukee ones. I've been using the 25 footer for a long time now but I've always wanted a smaller 16 foot. I was jealous of everyone who got these a few weeks back for $12. I found this wedged behind the shelf ha ha Ha. I don't need a third 25 footer but for an extra two bucks why not, the little ones kind of cool too. I'll just give it to family or sell it for five or 10 bucks...9e26775c7ccce9050094a0cc73337f70.jpg

• Like 3

1 hour ago, olletsocmit said:

My favorite tape measures are the Milwaukee ones. I've been using the 25 footer for a long time now but I've always wanted a smaller 16 foot. I was jealous of everyone who got these a few weeks back for $12. I found this wedged behind the shelf ha ha Ha. I don't need a third 25 footer but for an extra two bucks why not, the little ones kind of cool too. I'll just give it to family or sell it for five or 10 bucks...9e26775c7ccce9050094a0cc73337f70.jpg

I would place it in your car. Many times i have wanted a tape measure and not had one. If you are out somewhere and buy something it is nice to know if it will fit in your vehicle. 

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, rrich1 said:

I would place it in your car. Many times i have wanted a tape measure and not had one. If you are out somewhere and buy something it is nice to know if it will fit in your vehicle. 

Thats a good idea!

1 hour ago, olletsocmit said:

I prefer the Stanley Fat Max 16' and 25' tapes. Love those things!

• Like 1

I had about three in my car... Funny how they never make their way back

Jimbo

• Like 2

4 hours ago, JimboS1ice said:

I've been eye balling those a long timr

Jimbo

They're nice, I'm trying to figure out how I'm going to use them. They fit somewhere between my 8" Knipex and my Knipex mini bolt cutters...but those cross over. If I didn't have the mini bolt cutters this would be more useful. Right now the only instance this works well for is to cut relatively flush on smaller bolts but the Channellocks I just bought can do that too haha.

One thing to note is that the handles flex more than the Knipex.

• Like 2

Thanks that's a really great suggestion I'll just stick the extra 25 footer in my glove box or something

• Like 1

Bosch Colt Router bought Thursday.  I had narrowed my choice to Ridgid, Dewalt or Makita and couldn't pull the trigger.  And then Lowes had the Colt when I was wasting some time in store. Already put the finishing touches on a shoe rack. 

I don't use my colt all the time but I love it when I do

Jimbo

Bought this roofing nailer. I was going to go with the DeWalt but they don't sell it in stores. Decided to go with the porter cable. They had a Makita that was on display. Originally it was $299.99 on clearance for $75. If they had any left, I would have bought 2 of them! I'm pissed I missed out on that deal! 

IMG_3272.jpg

• Like 4

On 5/27/2016 at 9:07 PM, Eric - TIA said:

Looks nice.  How do you like them?  I am to broke to buy anything right now.  I think i will just live through you.

You don't want to have a competition to see who is the brokest (is "brokest" a word??) one around here, you'd lose. I've got broke wrapped up in a bag, and I take it with me everywhere...

• Like 4

19 hours ago, DaveJr. said:

Bought this roofing nailer. I was going to go with the DeWalt but they don't sell it in stores. Decided to go with the porter cable. They had a Makita that was on display. Originally it was $299.99 on clearance for $75. If they had any left, I would have bought 2 of them! I'm pissed I missed out on that deal! 

IMG_3272.jpg

I have the same roofing nailer (just about 13 years older) it's a great nailer. I saw the Makita roofing nailer today, my HD had none left either, if they had I probably would have picked one up, it looked like a real nice machine.