What tools did you buy today?

JimboS1ice

I just went to Home Depot to check and see if they had any Milwaukee Clarence tools and I came across this. Seems like a decent price. The next one above this is the Toro for $200. I guess I'll try and decide, just seems a little too cheap to be true just like a drill

f38fabd76ac23794a58dddae6b450835.jpg

35d34f655a5cf46c1ee61cf73e2c1189.jpg

243eee9daf7d6a8219563b6c462b4bd3.jpg

That's stupid cheap how they manage to drop it that low is crazy, I bought a 4 stroke Troybuilt last year so I didn't have to mix oil and gas... it's not exactly that big of advantage because you still have to buy crankcase oil and change it out on regular basis. Plus I only use non ethanol gas. ..

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

That's stupid cheap how they manage to drop it that low is crazy, I bought a 4 stroke Troybuilt last year so I didn't have to mix oil and gas... it's not exactly that big of advantage because you still have to buy crankcase oil and change it out on regular basis. Plus I only use non ethanol gas. ..

It was either this or a Toro for $180. Just worried this is so cheap. All the Milwaukee clearanced stuff was cleaned out at my store already btw.

It was either this or a Toro for $180. Just worried this is so cheap. All the Milwaukee clearanced stuff was cleaned out at my store already btw.

I had a ryobi string trimmer and smashed it against a tree. Never worked right. Have had a battery one ever since and am very happy. If you dont have a lot of brush I'd get a battery operated one.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Wow am i happy that I bought these the other day! The $50 price tag always turned me off but when I had $31 in store credit and a five dollar off coupon I had to... I just tried it in some sheet-metal as well as plastic. (Tired of those new 5 gallon gas tanks leaking all over the place with this epa crappy spouts, so I got one of those ez-pour spouts online ....def worth the $8 hahah). The half inch hole was perfect, literally looked like it was stock and zero clean up around the hole. These things are night and day difference between the harbor freight ones I have ha ha.

5687ffa3e20b881e55352c1cfc19a11b.jpg

ff820b41df4d7fa1496cabb412a218de.jpg

1446ea86f730d3f1d13b3f38ee9dfc0b.jpg

c18af83abdf8c3928b7dfaea2d33cedf.jpg

• Like 7

Got a new lighter hammer for when a ball pein isn't enough and the 4lb is too much. That and a combination of threads got me thinking so I grabbed one of those Ridgid boxes.

20160520_203837.jpg

I am now probably the closest  I'll ever get to knowing how it would feel to put a 427 SCJ in a Camaro.

20160520_205034.jpg

• Like 6

Got a new lighter hammer for when a ball pein isn't enough and the 4lb is too much. That and a combination of threads got me thinking so I grabbed one of those Ridgid boxes.

I am now probably the closest  I'll ever get to knowing how it would feel to put a 427 SCJ in a Camaro.

haha that heavy? Or that big?

You have every size of hammer in one ounce increments? Lol

BTW...I highly recommend trying to use a Harbor Freight coupon on a single big purchase at HD. I used one on the water heater and saved $111 [emoji4]

Lucky dog, I have two of those coupons I cut out from magazines I want to try at menards or lowes just for kicks ha

1 hour ago, KnarlyCarl said:

Lucky dog, I have two of those coupons I cut out from magazines I want to try at menards or lowes just for kicks ha

lowes wont accept them as far as i know. would be nice if both did that is for sure. 

12 hours ago, KnarlyCarl said:

Not yet, but getting there. 

Knew I had seen these somewhere. Ran into them at the JD dealership. Only had the smaller size but it'll tide me over untill I'm in their other dealership out of town that has the bigger ones.

20160521_112029.jpg

20160521_112029.jpg

• Like 6

11 minutes ago, olletsocmit said:

I might be selling my house soon does anybody have a link to a current Pennsylvania electrical codebook to print

If it's NEC, you're not going to find one you can get without a pricetag....

On May 21, 2016 at 8:45 PM, olletsocmit said:

Wow am i happy that I bought these the other day! The $50 price tag always turned me off but when I had $31 in store credit and a five dollar off coupon I had to... I just tried it in some sheet-metal as well as plastic. (Tired of those new 5 gallon gas tanks leaking all over the place with this epa crappy spouts, so I got one of those ez-pour spouts online ....def worth the $8 hahah). The half inch hole was perfect, literally looked like it was stock and zero clean up around the hole. These things are night and day difference between the harbor freight ones I have ha ha.

5687ffa3e20b881e55352c1cfc19a11b.jpg

ff820b41df4d7fa1496cabb412a218de.jpg

1446ea86f730d3f1d13b3f38ee9dfc0b.jpg

c18af83abdf8c3928b7dfaea2d33cedf.jpg

I really like those step bits. They drill a fast clean hole in wood, metal or plastic. They seem to stay sharp pretty well too so while not cheap they do seem quality. I used them to drill dozens of holes in my kitchen base cab toe kicks for levelers and a few holes in some self made metal brackets to secure a range top and every hole was clean and easy...

• Like 2

17 hours ago, olletsocmit said:

I might be selling my house soon does anybody have a link to a current Pennsylvania electrical codebook to print

Will an NEC code book from 2008 work?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, JerryNY said:

I really like those step bits. They drill a fast clean hole in wood, metal or plastic. They seem to stay sharp pretty well too so while not cheap they do seem quality. I used them to drill dozens of holes in my kitchen base cab toe kicks for levelers and a few holes in some self made metal brackets to secure a range top and every hole was clean and easy...

yea them step bits are awesome i have the big pack of them and they go thru metal like butter