Some treats today! 

DTW281 Impact Wrench

DHR242 Rotary Hammer

DPJ180 Biscuit Joiner

2 x 5.0 batteries

In Car 18v charger

2 x deep drawer TSTAK's

Festool 10.8v CXS

Now at 20 Makita Skins and 13 batteries!

Bottom  photo is my work van set up before today! 

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

• Like 10

3 hours ago, marsh942 said:

Some treats today! 

DTW281 Impact Wrench

DHR242 Rotary Hammer

DPJ180 Biscuit Joiner

2 x 5.0 batteries

In Car 18v charger

2 x deep drawer TSTAK's

Festool 10.8v CXS

Now at 20 Makita Skins and 13 batteries!

Bottom  photo is my work van set up before today! 

That's a beautiful sight!

On August 14, 2016 at 11:37 PM, Bremon said:

Airless sprayers used to be the bane of my existence. Hate them to this day. No denying Graco makes quality stuff though, with a price tag to match. I have more than a little bit of experience with a multitude of their proportioners. 

I'm not a big fan of airless sprayers but the time and money it will save me will be well worth it. I will only use it 4 or 5 times a year. 

Looks great sparky. Meanwhile fedex didn't buzz, didn't leave a sticker, likely didn't even stop at my place w my Dewalt stuff. Called, said a signatures required (this time but not on other power tools I've ordered...) and didn't let me know which location it's at. Where's ups or Canada post when you need them lol

• Like 1

I just received my new Bosch PS42 impact driver! Woo hoo! Sorry, I left my phone at home this morning, so no pics for you. I must say, although it is extremely close in size and form to the PS22, they are most definitely different animals. For the heck of it I used each of them to drive 3" deck screws into a block of firewood (maple) and they performed very differently from each other.

I cranked the clutch on the PS22 all the way to max (20) and put it on speed 1. It chugged along quite well, fairly quickly, and wrenched my hand sideways a bit just before the clutch kicked in, about 1/8" from flush. No surprise, it also stopped short of flush in speed 2. Setting it to drill mode cured that in both speeds, but there was some serious torque transferred to the hand.

When I repeated this with the PS42, it was really quite cool how the impacting action produced virtually zero felt torque, in both speed 1 and speed 2. Another interesting discovery was how slow speed 1 is on the PS42! I'm guessing it is maybe 1/5 or less the speed of the PS22 on speed 1. I'm guessing this is to allow more precise driving of the screw, as there is no clutch. It was so slow, in fact, that I would never use speed 1 for such a task.

Also, not unexpectedly, with no impacting on the PS22 and with such a tough driving job, it ended up stripping one of the torx screws pretty badly. 

Ultimately, I am confident that my concern of the tools being redundant was unfounded. I imagine I will mainly be using the PS22 for driving screws where finesse counts, and using the PS42 in situations where I otherwise might wish that I had my DCF887, where grunt counts.

• Like 4

OK I had it, was ripping some sheeting today and the sun was beating down on me and I was sweating buckets to get a job done so the day was drawing to an end and I guess I was been careless while cutting and I cut my circular saw cable in half, I was so pissed off with myself >:( I had to rip another two sheets down by handsaw.

So having said that I put in a pre order for the Flexvolt Circular saw with 2 6ah batteries. Im going cordless

• Like 5

10 minutes ago, StrippedScrew said:

OK I had it, was ripping some sheeting today and the sun was beating down on me and I was sweating buckets to get a job done so the day was drawing to an end and I guess I was been careless while cutting and I cut my circular saw cable in half, I was so pissed off with myself >:( I had to rip another two sheets down by handsaw.

So having said that I put in a pre order for the Flexvolt Circular saw with 2 6ah batteries. Im going cordless

Hahahahahaha dude. That sucks. 

Just picked up my Dewalt kit from FedUp, I mean FedEx. Complaints about them aside, I like the look and feel of the DCD796. I'll post pics. Made in Mexico which is nice. My DCF887 has Milwaukee syndrome though, straight out of the PRC. Makes the decision to sell it easy, and makes my drill and batteries cheap. Maybe I'll get a USA one if I buy it with a 996. Only complaint with the Dewalt gear is the forward/lock/reverse switches feel sort of mushy. They have positive stops but not as beefy feeling as the M18s (though if you open them up you can see they are far from beefy lol). 

Stripped, replacing cords is easy; then you'll have two saws :lol:

Nice rundown on the 22 vs 42 wild, good to know the differences!

• Like 2

13 hours ago, wildroamer said:

Nice haul @marsh942!

That Festool looks like an awesome tool, as does the plate joiner!

Mak must be the first with a cordless version, I've been looking for one. 

Actually DeWALT had one years ago in 14.4 volts, not even 18 volts. I think they may have even sold less of them than Porter-Cable sold of their 19.2 volt routers. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Bremon said:

10 hours ago, Rutter said:

It's been a while since I've been on the forum so I have a lot to show. I bought a centipede sawhorse.  

image.jpeg

About time dude lol!!

6 hours ago, wildroamer said:

I just received my new Bosch PS42 impact driver! Woo hoo! Sorry, I left my phone at home this morning, so no pics for you. I must say, although it is extremely close in size and form to the PS22, they are most definitely different animals. For the heck of it I used each of them to drive 3" deck screws into a block of firewood (maple) and they performed very differently from each other.

I cranked the clutch on the PS22 all the way to max (20) and put it on speed 1. It chugged along quite well, fairly quickly, and wrenched my hand sideways a bit just before the clutch kicked in, about 1/8" from flush. No surprise, it also stopped short of flush in speed 2. Setting it to drill mode cured that in both speeds, but there was some serious torque transferred to the hand.

When I repeated this with the PS42, it was really quite cool how the impacting action produced virtually zero felt torque, in both speed 1 and speed 2. Another interesting discovery was how slow speed 1 is on the PS42! I'm guessing it is maybe 1/5 or less the speed of the PS22 on speed 1. I'm guessing this is to allow more precise driving of the screw, as there is no clutch. It was so slow, in fact, that I would never use speed 1 for such a task.

Also, not unexpectedly, with no impacting on the PS22 and with such a tough driving job, it ended up stripping one of the torx screws pretty badly. 

Ultimately, I am confident that my concern of the tools being redundant was unfounded. I imagine I will mainly be using the PS22 for driving screws where finesse counts, and using the PS42 in situations where I otherwise might wish that I had my DCF887, where grunt counts.

Sweet, thanks for the quick overview and explanation! These your first couple of Bosch tools? 

5 hours ago, StrippedScrew said:

Uggh that blows banana chunks, gotta watch the cord..... Well not anymore lol!!!