What tools did you buy today?

JimboS1ice

3 hours ago, wildroamer said:

Very nice! Made pretty short work of that old steel oil furnace pipe. I am not sure yet what discs are available. It came with 3, 2 normal cut-off's and a carbide tipped.

I sure did Chris, no issues, fast shipping!

Thanks for the feedback. Great to hear it's a good one! 

(I've now bumped it up 5 places on my wish list :)). 

• Like 1

That's a nice price but I have to import it and I don't think the warranty works over here in Ireland

Sorry I was unaware you were across the pond......check around Factory Direct just sent me an email about the same deal today........that makes 3 companies total with the free tool deal going.

Tanner......CPO and Factory Direct

13 minutes ago, wildroamer said:

Not sure if I already posted this. Picked it up a little while back. Nice white light, not too blue. Shows colors nicely.

It's a great light. I have 2 of them, one which resides in my main bag as my go-to. I have plenty of Milwaukee LED's, but none stick to steel like the FL12.

• Like 1

That's a great looking light wild. I wish Milwaukee would take a page out of Bosch's book and make their compact line, well, compact. M12 can get a bit 18v-ish. Sparky I'm interested in how those small M12 rovers that look like the Bluetooth speaker will turn out!

awesome looking impact 77ford!

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Bremon said:

Sparky I'm interested in how those small M12 rovers that look like the Bluetooth speaker will turn out!

Yeah, looking forward to trying one. Just a hundred lumens less than the M18 floodlight, and a lot smaller, by the look of it. The video I saw on it mentioned a couple of powerful magnets, plus an integral spring clamp, so it may fit my needs really well.

• Like 1

Haven't used it yet, but I hate it compared to the M18 already. Why the f*** would you put a screw in/off style bleeder on a $200 grease gun. Even my Lincoln hand one has a push style one like the Milwaukee. Does anyone sell a piece to retrofit it or am I threading on a small ball valve?

Screenshot_2016-08-13-15-45-22.png

• Like 2

Not sure if I already posted this. Picked it up a little while back. Nice white light, not too blue. Shows colors nicely.

IMG_20160812_200727841.jpg

I almost grabbed one of those lights at Lowes this week. I'm gonna grab one as soon as I find one a little cheaper.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

• Like 3

On 8/11/2016 at 9:06 AM, 77Ford said:

If you are going Flex.......CPO has a great deal going on with a free tool (Up to $269 value) when buying a DeWalt Flexvolt Kit at $379 emoji109.png

4fe745e500a5370366ff869b41977b29.jpg

I tried but couldn't stop myself...I got the 60v grinder and also picked the $220 impact for free. That's a deal I just couldn't pass up. I wanted to hold off for the 9ah batteries but...screw it. 

Start 60v collection - check. 

Get the badass 60v grinder - check. 

Get the badass updated rapid charger - check. 

Get a free impact gun that I needed anyway - check. 

All of this for $379 is almost theft. 

• Like 8

Not to be left out, I decided to pick up some yellow stuff too!

hbqs5ye.jpg

Picked up some really nice cutters for a song on Amazon warehouse. The two left pairs can be had for about $90 a piece, the right pair is a little cheaper at $50, not bad for $20...especially considering I purchased two and got a third for free!

MNDW2gU.jpg

• Like 3

Overpriced magnetic Fluke hanger, of course I didn't pay retail but it is very nice:

xZ7oyjj.jpg

Some accessories included with the following purchase:

1OfMJvU.jpg

Another Fluke 87V, I couldn't resist for $150:

neReS9O.jpg

My 87 family...damn, I really need to sell some of my other DMMs, haha.

U4e9wLz.jpg

• Like 2

54 minutes ago, Hugh Jass said:

I tried but couldn't stop myself...I got the 60v grinder and also picked the $220 impact for free. That's a deal I just couldn't pass up. I wanted to hold off for the 9ah batteries but...screw it. 

I might pick up the grinder and circular saw before that deal runs out. That's one good thing about buying a new product line right away is they usually have some kind of promo going on.

On August 12, 2016 at 8:15 PM, wildroamer said:

IMG_20160812_200727841.jpg

I love the FL12 Todd. Awesome light. Low power is awesome too, nearly as bright but lasts quite a bit longer. I still have to pick a 4.0

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Hugh Jass said:

Yeah after seeing videos of that grinder in action, early impressions are saying there isn't a cordless grinder on the market that can match it. May have to supplement my Fuel model lol. Or maybe it will supplant the Fuel and the 2780 will be the supplemental tool. 

Even the reciprocating saw looks to be decent, so I'm excited to read more impressions when they're widely available. 

13 minutes ago, Bremon said:

Yeah after seeing videos of that grinder in action, early impressions are saying there isn't a cordless grinder on the market that can match it. May have to supplement my Fuel model lol. Or maybe it will supplant the Fuel and the 2780 will be the supplemental tool. 

Even the reciprocating saw looks to be decent, so I'm excited to read more impressions when they're widely available. 

A few instagram tool review guys have done a few flexvolt recip tests and they preferred the M18 fuel Sawzall. It was weird they said the Dewalt felt like it had more power, but the Milwaukee Fuel did more work with the power it had.

• Like 2

Thank God DR. It's easier to be selective with cool new gear when not all of it is better than what you already have :P

Just did some perusing...I've always been impressed by my Fuel sawzall and it still seems to be the benchmark. No rafter hook is typical Dewalt. No adjustable shoe is mindblowing. It's a feature I use regularly. Blades lasting longer = saving money. 

• Like 1