What tools did you buy today?

JimboS1ice

Wiha's are my "to buy" item. Everyone who has 'em loves 'em. German's make a good screwdriver apparently.

I have the Bionic Wrench. NOthing wrong with it, just not very useful. Problem is that you have to squeeze, and turn at the same time, and the bolt needs to competely unobstructed. An adjustable wrench works better.

37 minutes ago, Weird Tolkienish Figure said:

Wiha's are my "to buy" item. Everyone who has 'em loves 'em. German's make a good screwdriver apparently.

I have the Bionic Wrench. NOthing wrong with it, just not very useful. Problem is that you have to squeeze, and turn at the same time, and the bolt needs to competely unobstructed. An adjustable wrench works better.

The Europeans definitely do screwdrivers right. Witte, Wiha, Wera, Felo and PB Swiss are all fantastic.

• Like 1

I actually have no pipe wrenches currently myself. Been going back and forth between ridgid aluminum and the Milwaukee cheater. Cheater seems sort of gimmicky but stores compactly at least. The Ridgid is USA made though. Tough call. No money for that though this month, I'll be ordering a DCN660, an M18 floodlight and the Dewalt USB port within the next 24 hours. I'm disappointed that the USB only outputs 1.5 amp, but it is nice that it has two ports. Two devices at .75 amp is typical Dewalt though, even their USB chargers are slow as hell [emoji14]

I like the cheater wrench for the most part, I like the feel of the round pipe handle, kind of funny that I like the feel of 3/4" iron pipe instead of traditional pipe wrench handle, doesn't cut into my hands as much. The quality of the Milwaukee wrenches seem only "just enough" whereas the ridgid makes theirs beefy enough to double as a sledge hammer lol. The quality of the casting on the cheater leaves something to be desired too, did you notice any dips or the surface messed up on yours, Sparky?

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Pulled the trigger on the Dewalt DCN660. Found a price I was comfortable with (the lowest one I could find; imagine that lol). This will be my first cordless nailer and after watching Dwain's OTT video and multiple posts of Hugh Jass confirming it's excellent I know I won't be disappointed. My "to-buy" list is being chipped away at pretty aggressively lately, which is just fine by me lol. I owe you guys some pictures of this gear soon though. 

• Like 3

Pulled the trigger on the Dewalt DCN660. Found a price I was comfortable with (the lowest one I could find; imagine that lol). This will be my first cordless nailer and after watching Dwain's OTT video and multiple posts of Hugh Jass confirming it's excellent I know I won't be disappointed. My "to-buy" list is being chipped away at pretty aggressively lately, which is just fine by me lol. I owe you guys some pictures of this gear soon though. 

Looking forward to seeing what you think of that gun. I wish now I would have held off on buying a new pneumatic and yried a cordless.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

2 minutes ago, Bremon said:

Bolt cutters especially look nice. 

The mini bolt cutters are pricey, but pretty awesome. I got them for my main bag, to get away from using my expensive lineman's or diagonals for cutting anything other than conductors. My pliers are all Klein or Ideal, but I do rock their 9-1/2" lineman's.

• Like 2

34 minutes ago, Bremon said:

God damn wild, that thing looks beastly. Keep us posted on it's performance!

BMack, I always love seeing more knipex. Great quality. I only have Cobras and pliers wrenches myself but plan to expand. Bolt cutters especially look nice. 

I have 34 pairs of Knipex, I've never been disappointed. The bolt cutters are great, so are the diagonal pliers which will cut more than you'd think. Some complain about the needle nose but I love mine. The locking pliers are shockingly good, I like them more than the Grip-On which are supposed to be the best locking pliers on the market. Load up on them, you won't be disappointed.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, BMack37 said:

I have 34 pairs of Knipex, I've never been disappointed. The bolt cutters are great, so are the diagonal pliers which will cut more than you'd think. Some complain about the needle nose but I love mine. The locking pliers are shockingly good, I like them more than the Grip-On which are supposed to be the best locking pliers on the market. Load up on them, you won't be disappointed.

I though I was the Knipex kind but you have me beat Bmack!!

• Like 1

Join in on the SYW stuff, Jimbo, Rich and my collection is going to keep growing for less than Channellock money! Sears pricing is crazy sometimes it's sky high and sometimes it's right at Amazon pricing with coupons and points stacked to make it practically nothing and sometimes nothing.

• Like 3

Bought one of these last Friday from HF , wife suggested I buy another..... Re-doing / creating a small shop in my 2 car garage... Several new tool purchases .... I shall supply photographic evidence when it's all together ... Hopefully by the end of the weekend ...

it is quite heavy, for the price and what I am using it for you really can't beat it .

image.jpeg

• Like 4