What tools did you buy today?

JimboS1ice

Knipex and witte awl courtesy of sears.

If anyone needs Forster bits go check out menards. Those were originally around $15 a piece and got them all for $15. I already have their set and these were the one not included in it.

6793f70fa2fee11f899202912326206b.jpg

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

• Like 5

1 hour ago, BMack37 said:

Finally received my Gearwrench bogos. For $150 total, I'm pretty happy.

fwNjUuc.jpg

YClDElL.jpg

mJlfzzV.jpg

i still have an old mechanics snap-on-danher-kobalt set I found it sitting somewhere for 25$, man i wish kobalt never left usa production. I really, really like those wrenches.

Edited by pancing
Maybe they were danaher i can't remember

1 hour ago, pancing said:

i still have an old mechanics snap-on-danher-kobalt set I found it sitting somewhere for 25$, man i wish kobalt never left usa production. I really, really like those wrenches.

I agree, I still have my 3/8" set and a separate 1/2" ratchet made by Williams Kobalt. I wish I had picked up the whole lineup but I was still in HS. I really don't know why I picked up the 3/8" set other than it came with a free 1/4" set that I wanted...that alone would be about $95, only $5 less than I paid for both sets.

Does your HD do the 11% rebate match automatically? Or do they make you send it in. Mine will do the hf coupon and am really wanting to get the dewalt planer. Hf has a 25% off coupon starting tomorrow that I would love to use.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

I still have to mail it in.....but I figured this was the best week to try.

As far as my HD......I was turned down last week for the first time ......but I am persistent [emoji6]

• Like 1

Ordered a 2701-22CT M18 brushless compact drill kit today. $175 CAD. I must have missed the memo about batteries getting a price hike, 2.0 and 5.0 prices are ridiculous (2.0 was always ridiculous). Ended up getting this kit for cheaper than a pair of 2.0s would have cost me. I'll sell the charger for 15-20 bucks and save even more. Was eyeing up the DCD791 compact Dewalt kit but at $250 everywhere, I'll wait until a decent deal, or a free battery toss-in etc. Not that I need a ton of drills but who can resist. Seems

tougher to find the mid-level brushless from Milwaukee, I only seem to see the hammer drill and impact. Must not be a great seller. The 2701 doesn't have the mode selection collar the 2702 Hammer does but it's a larger drill, and I have a 2704 Fuel for the tough stuff anyway.

In other news I found a buyer for my 2730 6.5" Fuel saw for $15 less than I bought my new 2731 7.25" Fuel for, and now I'm not sure if I even want to sell lol. Keep thinking "well having options is always a good thing!". Could always sell it and get the 2530 M12 for blade left and lightweight cutting. Decisions, decisions. It ain't easy being addicted to power tools. 

• Like 3

I've downsized my M12 collection to "accessories" mainly. No drills etc in it anymore. The only tool I have is the 2520 Hackzall, the rest are bluetooth speaker, hoodies, USB power, lights. That may change with the 2530 5-3/8 circular saw. The 2701 was cheaper than an M12 Fuel kit currently lol. 

I've downsized my M12 collection to "accessories" mainly. No drills etc in it anymore. The only tool I have is the 2520 Hackzall, the rest are bluetooth speaker, hoodies, USB power, lights. That may change with the 2530 5-3/8 circular saw. The 2701 was cheaper than an M12 Fuel kit currently lol. 

Yea I jumped on the m12 fuel kit when it was 179.99 couldn't beat that

Jimbo

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Lost the picture I took, took advantage of the 2 pack Dewalt utility knife and the Wagner variable heat gun for 20 bucks

Raided menards clearence too, got a couple drum sanders with a 1/4" hex shank and a 29 pc hitachi black and gold oxide drill bit set for 12.99, always need junk drill bits lol

Jimbo

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

2 hours ago, StrippedScrew said:

How does the drill feel in hand, never used Matabo before.

Its quite heavy its about the same weight of my milwuakee one key hammer drill. I clip the f/r switch sometimes if i dont pay attention but that happens on every tool i have 3xcept my hitachi. The drill feels like any other drill but my hitachi is number 1 in hand comfort. If i had to rate this thing 1 to 10 with my hitachi being 10 and the old 2604 fuel being 1 it would be a 7.

31 minutes ago, pancing said:

Its quite heavy its about the same weight of my milwuakee one key hammer drill. I clip the f/r switch sometimes if i dont pay attention but that happens on every tool i have 3xcept my hitachi. The drill feels like any other drill but my hitachi is number 1 in hand comfort. If i had to rate this thing 1 to 10 with my hitachi being 10 and the old 2604 fuel being 1 it would be a 7.

What model Hitachi are you comparing it to?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Bremon said:

It's a great impact verktool. I imagine you'll end up with both however. The 2763 is a big beast. Can't imagine running into much it couldn't handle though. 

I have a M12 Fuel impact wrench(1/2") for the lighter work, but my ability to persuade myself into buying more tools is big. So there is a chance the 2755 end up in my toolshop in the future :) 

• Like 1