What tools did you buy today?

JimboS1ice

59 minutes ago, JimboS1ice said:

Interested to know how the Wen stuff holds up

Jimbo

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So far so good, not real heavy use yet , but they seem to be good quality for the $$ very smooth running and stout not flimsy at all ?

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Foneguy said:

So far so good, not real heavy use yet , but they seem to be good quality for the $$ very smooth running and stout not flimsy at all ?

That's great news, I've been looking at that. I was considering the Ryobi after the TiA video but it's awfully flimsy, kind of what I originally expected when seeing the price. Though, it does work well, a friend's Mom has it. She uses it for drilling plates to make tiered craft things.

Great buy on that Hilti!

Here's some stuff that's been riding in my trunk, 15 for the flexzilla a, 20 on the heat gun, those sanding drums were a few quarters, gotta love menards... Cup wheel was 5 bucks

Also the hitachi drill bits were 12, can never have enough use and abuse bits

6a6c47388ab155fe1fcc117b01d04bfa.jpgcf70ea8e68d12afb31bdd61dc2f23d6e.jpg

Jimbo

• Like 6

I'll have in my happy little hands a Veritas scrub plane tomorrow! I'm half and half now with my specialty planes, Lie Nielsen and Veritas. I'll post a pic of the new guy in the shop tomorrow. You know, before I of it in storage for the next mo th and a half. Our offer on the new home was accepted and we close October 4th. Can't wait to start my next New and IMPROVED Shop Underway Topic!

image.jpeg

• Like 6

Another new acquisition ....

I plan to start turning small items ...

I've been putting together a nice little shop in my garage ... Pics shall follow

image.jpeg

I've been thinking about getting a small lathe. Where did you get yours?

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

11 minutes ago, kruton said:

I've been thinking about getting a small lathe. Where did you get yours?

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

Bought it from Penn state industries. I believe this is their "house" brand. It's a 12" variable speed . So far it is Nice and smooth , plan on trying to turn a few pens this weekend. They have different kits and lathe sizes, the customer service was great and shipping was fast ...

UPS just came. Using new online vendors lately and no one seems to be big fans of shipping notices lol. Very pumped to put this to work. Also have to go to the post office and pick up my 2701-22CT kit today which they attempted to deliver yesterday. 

image.jpeg

• Like 9

2 hours ago, Foneguy said:

Another new acquisition ....

I plan to start turning small items ...

I've been putting together a nice little shop in my garage ... Pics shall follow

Looks like a nice shop, looks clean and well lighted. I think we need shop pics! I wish mine looked that clean, I need to get other people's crap out of my garage.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, BMack37 said:

Looks like a nice shop, looks clean and well lighted. I think we need shop pics! I wish mine looked that clean, I need to get other people's crap out of my garage.

It's about half of the garage .... It's clean only because it's fairly new.... Should be nice and "seasoned" shortly ..... I will get full pics , and post them in the "around the shop" thread

• Like 1

Picked up my 2701-22CT today. It was weird because I assumed that the 22 meant there would be two batteries, and I thought the 2701 meant I would, you know, get a 2701-20 drill lol. Instead it's a charger and a battery. Customer service is excellent however and the two missing pieces get shipped out tomorrow. Too bad the company takes a hit and some jackass somewhere is making money pawning stolen tools or something. 

• Like 1

Found the DC287d2 for $110 less than the DCK283d2. Save $110 for the kit with the hammer drill...seems like a no-brainer. Not sure I need a DCF887 impact so fishing for interest on re-sell sites. If I could get $100 for it then I would have a new Dewalt drill and batteries for a song :lol:. Was initially interested in the 791 but not at the prices I'm seeing. Only problem is the temptation to keep the DCF887 will be strong. Kinda crappy that the 796 is longer and heavier than the 791 but my money talks. 

I must know your source .....where are you acquiring the amazing yellow .....[emoji109]

• Like 1

Lol you have to factor in that our Canadian prices are garbage 77. DCD283d2 is $380-400 here. Amazon.ca price probably works out to about $220 USD I would guess for DCK287D2. Just ordered one, already found a buyer for the charger lol, now just to decide whether or not to keep the impact. Still not really seeing the utility in a compact hammer drill, or whether the added size and weight has merit but like I said, the almighty dollar does the talking. 

This order puts me up to 4 yellow tools I believe. Still a fair distance from my 15 or so red ones but still. Accumulating faster than anticipated and I place the blame squarely on TIA. 

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Bremon said:

Slick looking drill! What's the deal with dewalt's "nitro-carburized" chuck on the premium drill, what does that even mean?

Not sure but my understanding is that on the chuck jaws they are flat facets that help with drill bit slippage, I could be totally wrong.

XkHNk0el.jpg

• Like 4