What tools did you buy today?

JimboS1ice

2 hours ago, Bremon said:

Thanks guys, I googled nitro carburizing and it's a process for hardening metal. Should make for a more durable chuck I suppose. I've read plenty of good things about Dewalt chucks so that makes sense. 

bosch,metabo,dewalt,hitachi, hilti, they all have the same rohm chuck with a few modifications here and there.

they're good chucks, but i prefer the old jacobs chucks they use on hitachi drills, they're sturdy and they grip really well.

The really, really good chucks are on makita's flagship drill (They were also on the first generation production of Milwaukee's gen 1 the one on the brushless m18 compact is similar but i believe it had tungsten carbide jaws and the chuck ran completely true.)

if you google the DV18DBL that imo is the best chuck jacobs has ever made on a cordless drill.

• Like 3

Thanks pancing, very informative. I should have known that, I knew Rohm and Jacobs were the big hitters in the chuck game lol.

Very nice purchase Sluggo, I can tell you from experience that you won't be disappointed. Pay no mind to what wild may tell you (kidding of course). 

Haha!

I actually really liked the Fuels aside from my One Key issues. I've had my issues with the yellow too, Grrr!>:(

Both brands felt great in hand, and had killer power. I actually preferred the battery on the Mil, with the rubber over-molding on the bottom giving it some anti-skid that the Dewalt is lacking.

I don't think you can go wrong with either brand.... Unless you're me, of course.... Then you can count on some defects!

• Like 1

Well my old Makita decided to call it a day and go to Valhalla. So Since I had multi Dewalt batteries I brought their Dcd995 beast. Next purchase will be 2 or more flexvolt batteries and their flexvolt recip saw.

V0C1O1Al.jpg

If you are going Flex.......CPO has a great deal going on with a free tool (Up to $269 value) when buying a DeWalt Flexvolt Kit at $379 [emoji109]

4fe745e500a5370366ff869b41977b29.jpg

• Like 3

3 hours ago, wildroamer said:

I'd like to think this fella isn't responsible for creating that drill press... :rolleyes:

19395779-mmmain.jpg

With a head like that ..... One can only imagine the magic that can be engineered into a precision bench top tool !!!!

• Like 1

4 hours ago, ChrisK said:

Gotta love Lie Nielsen and Veritas (Lee Valley distribution). I got my gorgeous Vertias scrub plane in today. Fast shipping as usual and wow. What a quality tool!

image.jpg

beautiful....you and your future grandchildren should be able to enjoy that one..

• Like 3

1 hour ago, D W said:

How is it?

I would love to be able to do light duty grinding with that. Are grinding discs available or just cut-off?

Very nice! Made pretty short work of that old steel oil furnace pipe. I am not sure yet what discs are available. It came with 3, 2 normal cut-off's and a carbide tipped.

17 minutes ago, ChrisK said:

Awesome stuff Todd. Did you end up getting it through that S Korean dealer?

I sure did Chris, no issues, fast shipping!

• Like 1