What tools did you buy today?

JimboS1ice

you gents may have noticed that im not an advocate of cordless

anyhoo, we have a rat terrier, that goes into 'kill' mode whenever a woozel trespasses in the yard. she's been skunk sprayed 3 times in the past month. i'm now stuck checking the back 40 before releasing the hounds (we have 3). yippee ki yay.

maglites suck, aren't bright enough.

picked up a milwaukee 2353-20 spot light, 12v. damn thing works very well. illuminates the yard very well, and, it seems, to sip the battery juice lightly.. the only issue i found with it, is that there is a switch setting, hi, lo, strobe.

hi and lo toggles between each other easily.

however, once you mistakenly fire up strobe mode, it's a royal pain in the ass- almost- throw- the- bastard- to- the- ground- mode- to- disable it.

Does it about make you go epileptic while fumbling for the button to turn it off?

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

e81985c006907f0a09e3f542e703683f.jpg

Picked these up at HD cheap last week, 13 on the laser 28 on the level

Jimbo

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Buy a couple more (gpl3t) and sell them to me, got a couple guys that want one! Cheapest i can find them for is $80, I'm serious about this

• Like 1

Buy a couple more (gpl3t) and sell them to me, got a couple guys that want one! Cheapest i can find them for is $80, I'm serious about this

I went back the next day and shelves were wiped, should have grabbed the lot when I was there

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
  • Like 2

On August 30, 2016 at 5:28 PM, rrich1 said:

Picked this dado set up last week. d036176406d08f7a8df19b8ec9eb041f.jpg

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

I've got that stack myself. It's a great one. Good buy dude. Regardless of price. I think I paid like 45 for mine on clearance and they are normally over a hundred.

• Like 2

I've got that stack myself. It's a great one. Good buy dude. Regardless of price. I think I paid like 45 for mine on clearance and they are normally over a hundred.

Wish I would have gotten it for $45! Good to hear on it being good. Normal price seems to be $100. Picked it up at the woodshop store town. The regular diablo dado set is the same price. Figures I'd go with their "higher tiered" one for the same price.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, wildroamer said:

Just a little more Bosch Blue, only cuz I like the color.;D

IMG_20160901_160538374_HDR.jpgIMG_20160901_160647331.jpg

Todd, I have the exact same router and table. Absolutely awesome set dude! How do you like that Rockler jig, I've actually given it quite a bit of thought?

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, wildroamer said:

@ChrisK, glad to hear that you went with the same setup, feel better about my decision!

Haven't done more than assemble that jig, but I think it will work well.

I did mess around with a roundover bit, first use of a router ever. Still have my digits, and it worked slick!

Try Whiteside router bits, best out there. Also the 1/2" shanks are FAR superior to the 1/4"!!!!

• Like 1