Multi-tool blades

Conductor562

I was just about ready to order a set and my uncle hooked me up with a Lowe's gift card so I ended up getting the 10 or 12 blade Rockwell starter set. I had to pay like $20 extra but it was still my cheapest option. The Rockwell blades seem to hold up ok, but being my first foray into the multi-tool kingdom I don't have much to compare it to. I think I'll give Fitzall a try next time.

• Like 1

I use multi tools a lot and as far as blades go to be honest I have found identical results with them all as far as how they cut.

The only ones I have found to be a total waste of money were the Japan pattern saw blades, the teeth are big but they just do not cut.

The only time Iv'e gone for the more expensive ones is the diamond blades, and again the cheep ones have lasted about the same.

The other thing to mention is the battery versions are very very handy.I had my battery one stolen and all my blades and I miss that tool a lot I have a fein corded version and sometimes is a pain in the ass getting the power to where I am working and knowing I could have had the job half done by then with the battery version. :rolleyes:

I will be saving up for a battery version of the fein.

I like the Bosch blades so far the best. We just started using their new blades that are suppose to hold up better. Overall it seems most multi blades just dull right away and it sucks how expensive they are. Lenox needs to start making these blades.

• Like 2

• 4 months later...
  • 9 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

The other day I bought a three pack of bosch blades, Japanese style teeth. (Forgive me for not having the model number.) They cut awesome thru the oak door jambs and casing I was cutting. But as soon as they touched a nail the teeth dropped like flys. 3 pack of blades for $30 gone in a day....boy don't I feel like a jackass

After be sick and tired of buying oscillating blades which are expensive weather their chicago electric or bosch I figured Id give these a shot. http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/cr/B00B2MJI4Y/ref=mw_dp_cr. 50 blades for $60. I figured it's worth a shot considering my rate of dulling them haha. They come out to $1.20 a blade, hopefully I'll give y'all a review in a few weeks

Yea multitool blades are stupidly expensive. The only problem is I wouldn't want 50 of one style give me a variety. Don't get me wrong though that is a smoking deal the only other place that was affordable was OEMPTA blades.

• Like 1

Anyone with a multi tool that even comes close to metal seriously owes it to themselves to try a Bosch OSC114C. It's the carbide tipped version. That thing will cut metal, plaster, drywall wood and probably anything else you throw at it.

StevenK, I would go as far as saying one or two of these will last as long as all 50 of your amazon blades!

Tools-plus.com is the cheapest I've found them. 1=$12. 2=$19. 5=$38. 10=$69. That's pretty darn cheap

I just ordered a 10 pack of blades from OEMPTA I'll see if it was worth the 25 bucks for the Bi-Metal blades. I have had really good luck with the Bosch blades but feel like I'm getting f$*& and not even getting a kiss. I just went through 4 of the Bosch 114C blades doing a hardwood floor repair, those cut nails will destroy a blade.

• Like 1

I just ordered a 10 pack of blades from OEMPTA I'll see if it was worth the 25 bucks for the Bi-Metal blades. I have had really good luck with the Bosch blades but feel like I'm getting f$*& and not even getting a kiss. I just went through 4 of the Bosch 114C blades doing a hardwood floor repair, those cut nails will destroy a blade.

you blew through 4 of the carbide tipped bosch blades of a flooring repair?!?!   how many nails did you cut?    i used one blade to cut dozens of trim nails and framing nails, probably 8 hardened GRK screws, 6 of the nailing straps on old metal outlet boses (probably equates to 1.5' of 3/32 steel), at leats a dozen holes in plaster walls for old work boxes, wood etc. etc. etc...    while that one blade is slowing down with metal (it will still cut it) it still has visible teeth and works for plaster, sheetrock etc.    that was all one blade!

with old bi-metal blades (even imperial or Fein) i would be lucky to get through 2 or 3 screws before the blade was 100% shot  never mind plaster!

NER thanks man I gotta check those out one blade does all that?

Thats been my experiance, they truly amazed me especially the metal and plaster they can cut (bosch even says ceramic tile although i havent tried)    they might not be the fastest or best choice for wood cutting but they will get the job done. 

the best blade i have come across for just wood (even with some embedded nails, not screws) is the Fein e-cut long life

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    lamparina
    Newest Member
    lamparina