Hello from the Northwest

Marc Harris

Just a middle age dude from Washington who has started to remodel his house after 10 years of hard use!  The house is about 50 years old and needs some TLC.  I'm a husband and father of a couple of teenagers and design agricultural equipment for a living.  

Don't know much about construction or woodworking but have 20 years of experience with metal fabrication.

I've always been fascinated with tools of all kinds.  There's just something about holding a quality tool in your hand!  (that sounds a little weird now that I think about it)  Hope to gain some knowledge from this forum and maybe get some help from the woodworkers and carpenters.

Tools in Action brought me here so I've got to thank Dan, Eric and the crew.

I'm also new to forums so forgive me in advance for any bonehead moves.

Thanks again,

Marc

Welcome Marc, we will do our best to influence buying some tools you don't need at a price you can't pass up, happens to the worst of us lol. Welcome aboard dude plenty of knowledge to go around here, hardly ever a question that goes unanswered.

Jimbo

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Welcome Marc, we will do our best to influence buying some tools you don't need at a price you can't pass up, happens to the worst of us lol. Welcome aboard dude plenty of knowledge to go around here, hardly ever a question that goes unanswered.

Jimbo

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks for the welcome Jimbo,  I've really just started purchasing power tools for some remodeling projects.  Just picked up the Ridgid brushless hammer drill and circ saw kit.  Couldn't pass it up for under 200 bucks.  

I'm a sucker for old hand tools as well.  

Looking forward to participating in the forum.

• Like 1

Thanks for the welcome guys. Luckily my budget doesn't allow me to get too carried away with new tools! Sometimes I have to wander around a hardware store just to get my fix.

Yup I do that too, feels good sometimes to control your spending and not purchase something right away, then the anticipation builds for later when you realize you still don't have the money for it!

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Just a middle age dude from Washington who has started to remodel his house after 10 years of hard use! The house is about 50 years old and needs some TLC. I'm a husband and father of a couple of teenagers and design agricultural equipment for a living.

Don't know much about construction or woodworking but have 20 years of experience with metal fabrication.

I've always been fascinated with tools of all kinds. There's just something about holding a quality tool in your hand! (that sounds a little weird now that I think about it) Hope to gain some knowledge from this forum and maybe get some help from the woodworkers and carpenters.

Tools in Action brought me here so I've got to thank Dan, Eric and the crew.

I'm also new to forums so forgive me in advance for any bonehead moves.

Thanks again,

Marc

Welcome to the crew man. Glad to hear your getting into the carpentry work. I have grow up building houses with my father. Of I waxnt in school I was working. And I'm high school I got on the apprenticeship program they had from the 11th grade in till I got out. And worked since I've been out. And I still enjoy it. Something about having to use the mind to make something someone wants and enjoys. Brings great joy to me. Its not easy. And I like the engineering behind it as well. Good luck and have fun.

Millerz

• Like 1