Am I weird

kruton

My wife says im wierd but I dont write on bulbs. Perhaps if I had larger expensive bulbs. I just buy a big box of CFLs and keep em on a shelf in the garage. We get pretty decent energy rebates.

Improving my garage lighting is on my list.

• Like 1

No not at all, I don't like to write on the bulbs at the chance it might shorten the life, so I use iCal to record the date. I'm pretty weird lol.

John, Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I have an unscientific control to see if writing on the housing affects the light. I replace the two side by side at the same time, one with writing and one without. It's not exact but I figure if I do it long enough I might be able to develop some kind of relationship.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

You're both pretty weird. Just be glad you aren't comp56 and feel the need to paint everything gloss Milwaukee red, he's got a bad disease...but I'm kinda jealous and want to catch it :P

Thanks Jerry, I just hate spending money on bulbs that say they will last a specific time! And don't. CFL's I'm talking about you! I've since replaced all the CFL's with LED's. So far I have not one fail, some are over a year old and are on all the time. Also have noticed a drop in electric bills since switching. To LED's. When I switch to CFL's there was such a small drop, it was hardly noticed in my bill. Of course there are good and bad LED's too, so buyer beware! Really weird. I wish I had that much gloss red paint hehe. My shop would look like a murder scene. You go Comp56, I love it.

We just bought a new house so all of my old test bulbs, mainly CFL'S were left there. At the new house I am going with all LED lighting just to try them out. I feel better that I'm not the only one!

I had a free Cree led bulbs die early but they took care of me without any sort or providing proof or anything. It was super easy. I don't know how long that will last because people will exploit service like that. They didn't want the broken ones sent back either as that's just an extra cost to them.

earlier I came across a smokin deal with creed LED bulbs so I bought a wack of them, have them in the entire house.........I can not stand the soft white lighting any more daylight LED for me from now on...

20150629_182423.jpg

oh and by the way......

• Like 1

Was thinking the same. I'm regretting not seeing this idea about two years ago when I started using LEDs over CFLs.

I've had seem bad luck with LEDs couple sylvanias in various spots were dead after 3-4 months. Could have been a bad batch but I switched back to CFLs at a clients home and they haven't had any problems.

Jimbo

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

First thing, if u have to ask then your weird. But I've never thought to do that before, just figured if it burned out, then it was time.

Chad I knew the answer to that question before I made the post!

I've had seem bad luck with LEDs couple sylvanias in various spots were dead after 3-4 months. Could have been a bad batch but I switched back to CFLs at a clients home and they haven't had any problems.

Jimbo

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I've been having good luck with the Walmart "Great Value" daylight LEDs. They appear to be repackaged GE bulbs, have yet to have one go out on me. Biggest gripe is that I had to go to Walmart, but they were dirt cheap.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Ok am I the only one that does this to my light bulbs?9e8b3219d17f8c39be40e10e93f653b9.jpg I'm just curious to see what kind of life I am getting out of them compared to the manufacturer specs.

Hey Kruton, I happen to,see today from one of the YouTube channels I follow and I immediately thought of you. See the writing on the bulbs lol. http://youtu.be/ZbBMSSr6Bgk