What circular saw do you use and where are you from?

Stercorarius

I've heard that wormdrivec26-SKIL-B000P7MAGA-2-lg.jpg vs. Sidewinder

spt67wm-22.jpg style (inline?) drive vs hypoid drive is a regional thing, I think the guys even mentioned it in the skil video. I want to see if there's any truth to it. I'm in central/eastern Washington and have never seen a sidewinder style on a job site. Never even once. Every crew exclusively runs mag wormdrive skilsaws day in and day out for everything. DIY'ers are the only ones you'll see touching sidewinders. What about you crew? Let us know what area of what state you're from and what style saws

This map will be regularly updated. Blue = sidewinder and red = wormdrive. I'm going to throw in hypoid too in purple. d13070690600fcad4e7bd8b379153be7.jpg

• Like 3

I have a Porter Cable 15amp HD with magnesium shoe its the older version of it works like a champ thou: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0041K36JC?psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=oh_aui_search_detailpage

im from Cali and not in construction trades.  If I were a contractor for corded id totally have a skilsaw and either the makita or milwaukee for cordless.

I just recently bought a makita 7 1/4" magnesium hypod. It's been great so far. I am located in Utah. When I lived in Illinois I usually used my Bosch sidewinder but had a worm drive as well.

I also have a m18 fuel circular saw.

I am a welder so don't use circular saws daily. I did go to a vocational program in high school for construction trades. The main saws we used were Milwakee sidewinders but had a little of everything.

I've updated the post to include hypoids in purple. Never even heard of those before now. It's interesting to see that the hypoid is always paired with a sidewinder.

Always cool to learn about tools you never heard of

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk