What is your go to hammer?

Stercorarius

51 minutes ago, JerryNY said:

Love my Ti Stiletto:

image.jpeg

its a decent size for big stuff and hits like a big hammer but is light enough you can choke up and use it for smaller stuff too. I have a titanium fetish...

Here's a little something to get you through your Monday then. Best EDC tool ever. 20160620_112507.jpg

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Stercorarius said:

Here's a little something to get you through your Monday then. Best EDC tool ever. 20160620_112507.jpg

I second that! I have had a leatherman on my hip everyday for years. I had the wave and now the Charge like yours. They are awesome and I use it for something everyday.

• Like 1

Ran a 20 oz. smooth and 24 oz. framer Estwing for years. Switched to the Dewalt mig welded smooth and mill face hammers. Like those a lot. Just decided to try out the TiBone framer to see what the hype is all about. Start framing our next new build next week so it will get a work out. 096ca71415061839069e3657467ac037.jpg

Sent from my SM-T310 using Tapatalk

• Like 4

So I'm thinking I 'need' some ball pien hammers. Local shops have a good selection of Vaughns. Good choice, or should I look elsewhere?

I've always heard that brand to be pretty good. Guy at work has a Vaughan framing hammer and it's really nice for a wood handle

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Thanks, man! I used to really like Estwing hammers, but one summer I drove probably 10k 60d nails staking curb at a couple of school renos, a new runway at one airport, a new taxiway at another, and new runway lights at a third, and a new HS sports stadium,  and jacked up my wrist badly enough to hinder my extra-curricular activities with my GF. So I'm pretty much staying away from metal handles.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, BK13 said:

Thanks, man! I used to really like Estwing hammers, but one summer I drove probably 10k 60d nails staking curb at a couple of school renos, a new runmay at one airport, a new taxiway at another, and new runway lights at a third, and a new HS sports stadium,  and jacked up my wrist badly enough to hinder my extra-curricular activities with my GF. So I'm pretty much staying away from metal handles.

This should help you out Kurt.....

• 7 months later...

Lol my go to hammer is a black and decker one that is way too small and looks pathetic. Came with a kit my wife bought me when we first moved into our apartment together. It works for now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 2

This is what I'm currently swinging 

Stanley Tools - 22 oz FATMAX AntiVibe Rip Claw Framing Hammer - 51-167

22oz framer, not the best I've ever had or used but the way I tend to lose em I don't see a need to spend more than $20-25 for a hammer, and if I were forced to drive nails with a hammer all day I wouldn't be in this line of work.

2 hours ago, Cr8ondt said:

This is what I'm currently swinging 

Stanley Tools - 22 oz FATMAX AntiVibe Rip Claw Framing Hammer - 51-167

22oz framer, not the best I've ever had or used but the way I tend to lose em I don't see a need to spend more than $20-25 for a hammer, and if I were forced to drive nails with a hammer all day I wouldn't be in this line of work.

I got the same 22 oz hammer in both waffle and smooth heads.

Here's mine: 

csm_GEDORE_Hammer_5d244f764f.png

Simply because it fits well in my everyday toolbox and I won it from @KC_Tool thank you very much...

Occasionally use it for bashing duct work together in the fab shop. Just miscellaneous things, tapping on the end of prybars usually

• Like 3