New tool releases from Milwaukee

KnarlyCarl

17 hours ago, KnarlyCarl said:

I'm completely unfamiliar with lockback knives, never heard that term before.. I guess it's like an old school pocket knife? Something Grandpa would have in his pocket to cut twine off bales of hay.

I'm not familiar with it either. The was the first time I've heard it. I'm use to seeing linerlock for this style knife. This is basically what I think of when I hear it.

br205r_2.jpg

Which is exactly like what my grandfather carried. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, justinkendall said:

I'm not familiar with it either. The was the first time I've heard it. I'm use to seeing linerlock for this style knife. This is basically what I think of when I hear it.

br205r_2.jpg

Which is exactly like what my grandfather carried. 

Nice I have a Buck very similar to this and I guess it falls into the lockback style of knives?

Although not on the horizon just yet, Milwaukee may have a cordless compressor out before too long. Ridgid has made one that can use one or two batteries, is one gallon and has a max psi of 125.

Fingers crossed......

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Doneright said:

Although not on the horizon just yet, Milwaukee may have a cordless compressor out before too long. Ridgid has made one that can use one or two batteries, is one gallon and has a max psi of 125.

Fingers crossed......

Interesting. I wonder how fast it fills up the tank? What size tank is the Ridgid?

3 minutes ago, Daniel Julian said:

Interesting. I wonder how fast it fills up the tank? What size tank is the Ridgid?

I can't find any mention of it on their website.  I did find a new 7/8" SDS rotary hammer, but no compressor.  Perhaps it was a trade show preview sort of thing.

Alright milwaukee, it's early February, where do I get my 2860 impact wrench haha.

Does anyone know if they've been released anywhere?  I see on the HD site they have user reviews, I assume they're early release people because you still can't order them online.  Acme says you can pre order but estimates ship date isn't until the 22nd.  I'd be more than happy to pre order if it meant getting it sooner but I don't want to pre order at the wrong place and end up having to wait longer.  

Alright milwaukee, it's early February, where do I get my 2860 impact wrench haha.

Does anyone know if they've been released anywhere?  I see on the HD site they have user reviews, I assume they're early release people because you still can't order them online.  Acme says you can pre order but estimates ship date isn't until the 22nd.  I'd be more than happy to pre order if it meant getting it sooner but I don't want to pre order at the wrong place and end up having to wait longer.  

They're not out yet. Milwaukee is sending them out for people to review already. Mechanical Hub got two yesterday. Kinda hoping one shows up on my doorstep in the next few days.

Since they're not being sold at an "incredibly low price" you can probably pre-order and not end up waiting forever like those of us that ordered the Festool sanders from everywhere or anything Flexvolt from CPO.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Bremon said:

I'm waiting with bated breath as well. 2861 needs to be in my possession asap, with boot!

Mine is pre ordered. I can't wait for it to get here. I know that there are a couple of projects it wil come in super handy for.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, NicholasShetley said:

Mine is pre ordered. I can't wait for it to get here. I know that there are a couple of projects it wil come in super handy for.

Awesome, you'll have the let us know how it works out! I asked my usual source today for a date and price but was told they asked Milwaukee about it today and haven't heard back yet. 

52 minutes ago, Bremon said:

Awesome, you'll have the let us know how it works out! I asked my usual source today for a date and price but was told they asked Milwaukee about it today and haven't heard back yet. 

I definitely will. I'll be doing extensive torque testing with it. We have a 3/4 drive torque wrench that can go up to 600 ft pounds. My grandpa is also ordering an independent front end setup for his 39 ford and I guarantee it will get used putting it together. 

• 2 weeks later...

Kind of funny at the end of the milwaukee video it says up to 2" shorter and up to 1.5 lbs lighter.  Then says up to 4" shorter and up to 2 lbs lighter.  I assume they're comparing it to two different impacts but doesn't up to 4" and up to 2lbs cover 2" and 1.5".  It's a little redundant, kind of like weather man talk up to 4-6" inches of snow when they could just say up to 6" of snow.

1 hour ago, Bremon said:

Pictures of that have been around a long time. At this point it's for adding brains to no-key press tools I believe. Probably similar potential to the unexplained yellow knock off that was revealed this week. 

Oh lol, I guess ive been 1 mile behind all along... :D

• Like 1

Pictures of that have been around a long time. At this point it's for adding brains to no-key press tools I believe. Probably similar potential to the unexplained yellow knock off that was revealed this week. 

Yea but I don't think duhwalt has a crimper... but hey gotta keep up with the joneses!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk