Hope Dewalt has something like this in aug

Framer joe

On the rigid ,2 / 5ah will last me all day ..(1200 nails per specs) ...the new Flex specs say (1220 nails ) on 1/ Flex 2ah/6ah ....so that should be all day, definitely on 1 ..3ah/9ah flex battery .. and with a 2.5 gal tank , you should be able to fire many more nails vs the rigid ,,before the compressor comes back on........I just hope it runs quiet like the compact Dewalt 200psi trim compressor I have, it's almost silent..

Speaking about rigid, my electrician bought a rigid cordless set a while ago because they advertised lifetime warranty on batteries. He went to home depot to get replacement batteries to find out those batteries weren't made any more. And couldn't be bought online. He raised a stink and got all his money back years later. Lol

1 hour ago, Framer joe said:

Ya I bought into rigid for the cordless trim router ,sander, then got that small compressor which works fine for small trim jobs and hanger nails....of course Dewalt comes out with one now ! ........

that moment when a DeWALT cordless sander is announced next week then a cordless router the week after..

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Framer joe said:

For real @Jronman  those are coming ? Btw nice new symbol 

I'm hoping a cordless rear handle ros or ros/geared sander.  Maybe a cordless router that accepts 1/2 in collet. thanks my best friend is a graphic designer and wanted to help me design a logo. It's not final but close to the final logo design

You do know DeWALT (and you might) have a cordless router in 20V already, you can run small 1/4 router bits in the DCS551 drywall tool. At 26,000 RPM it is a hair slower than the compact router's top speed of 27,000. The base is smaller and would limit the diameter of bits available to you, but would probably work great with laminate trimming bits and small radius roundover bits. As for power I don't think the little bit of wood or laminate would work it any harder than cutting 5/8" drywall.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Grumpy MSG said:

You do know DeWALT (and you might) have a cordless router in 20V already, you can run small 1/4 router bits in the DCS551 drywall tool. At 26,000 RPM it is a hair slower than the compact router's top speed of 27,000. The base is smaller and would limit the diameter of bits available to you, but would probably work great with laminate trimming bits and small radius roundover bits. As for power I don't think the little bit of wood or laminate would work it any harder than cutting 5/8" drywall.

would depend on the wood but Im sure for softer woods it would work great.

I will repost this now;

some guys had to add in comments and we all lost track !

let´s try to add to the list first

let´t tray to add the date of the event and whoever knows or has an invite

a 1 or 2 day event ?

did you get some kind of agenda ?

let´s try to bring a bit stucture to this topic and write down what we know or to suspect

please try to keep the structure of this post and only add in new tools

... the next 4-5 posts nothing like: oh, great listing , didn´t know this was coming,, .. or thanks for listing, great idea ....)

(already known or even shipping: tracksaw, several cordless nailers)

anyone know the exact day of event ? / one or two day event / any agenda ?

1)

corded tools:

nothing known

from several posts some type of corded/cordless vac is suspected

no model number known

2)

flexvolt tools:

dcd996 X1

not really a new flexvolt tool, just an existing drill bundled with flexvolt battery (Europe)

dual port table saw ? / just rumors

single port ac adaptor / just rumors (some say canceled, some say in the making)

3)

cordless tools (20max):

• DCE511 fan
  • DCCS620B Compact Chainsaw
  • DE400 PEX expander
  • DCS577 worm style circ. saw
  • xxxxx concrete nailer
  • DCG405 grinder, brushless
  • xxxx jigsaw; just rumors, no pic, just assumption
  • dcd997 bluetooth hammer drill (already on web site)
  • dcd797 bluetooth hammer drill (already on web site)
  • dcd792 bluetooth drill (already on web site)
  • dcf888 bluetooth impact driver (already on web site)
  • dcd777 compact brushless drill (already on web site)
  • dcd778 compact brushless hammer drill (already on web site)
  • dcf885 compact impact driver (already on web site)
  • dce151 wire stripper

tool connect:

• DCB205BT 5,0Ah battery (already on web site)

please add in !

cheeeeers

midogrumpy

I see you have the dcf885 impact driver listed which is an old brushless model just curious if its a typo and theres a new impact driver or if you just mis read it as new? 

I know I sound like a broken record, but is there any word on any impact wrenches coming out?  Compact Brushless 1/2" or I've seen pictures of something that looks like it might be a mid torque? 

6 hours ago, Biggie said:

I see you have the dcf885 impact driver listed which is an old brushless model just curious if its a typo and theres a new impact driver or if you just mis read it as new? 

I know I sound like a broken record, but is there any word on any impact wrenches coming out?  Compact Brushless 1/2" or I've seen pictures of something that looks like it might be a mid torque? 

the dcf888 is new and should be available soon if not already. It's the 887 except includes tool connect.

On another note I guess my statement about DeWALT trying to play catch up with Milwaukee is actually becoming a thing. With all these tools from the E/P/HVACR/M trades coming out.