Portable Power Station Plus

Jronman

15 minutes ago, Jronman said:

I guess I missed this. Should I takes this down?

My recommendation is, if you want to continue to participate in the surveys, follow the disclosure agreement and don't disclose anything. It is not like DeWALT doesn't look at sites like this and ask the moderators to remove content they don't want out there before it is ready for the public. That said, they probably wouldn't have to tough a time in finding out your Email and removing you from the insights program.

Just a thought...

• Like 2

50 minutes ago, Jronman said:

I guess I missed this. Should I takes this down?

To quote Grump, I agree. No need to take it down on our end yet but if you want to participate they could raise a stink. In the past, and Dewalt does sponsor, we had a serious issue come up and the post had to be taken down. The OP didn't do anything wrong but we had to remove it.  As far as now, we don't have any reason to redact the post though :)

13 hours ago, ChrisK said:

To quote Grump, I agree. No need to take it down on our end yet but if you want to participate they could raise a stink. In the past, and Dewalt does sponsor, we had a serious issue come up and the post had to be taken down. The OP didn't do anything wrong but we had to remove it.  As far as now, we don't have any reason to redact the post though :)

I removed the screenshot but left the post. Hopefully it should be less of an issue now.

Just now, Jronman said:

I removed the screenshot but left the post. Hopefully it should be less of an issue now.

No prob bro. In all fairness we have had company call in a tizzy because a member reposted something or other that got leaked. Hard to get down on a guy reposting something  that he sees on the internet!

1 minute ago, ChrisK said:

No prob bro. In all fairness we have had company call in a tizzy because a member reposted something or other that got leaked. Hard to get down on a guy reposting something  that he sees on the internet!

It was an easy mistake on my part. I wont post anything insights stuff again. We can just talk about the stuff after they come out.

• Like 1

Sweet....thing is Dewalt should say something like ..." we are working on these future items and we'll keep you posted" to the general tool companies and let them advertise it......because a lot of people /companies (myself included) spend Enormous amounts of money on their tools and we should know what's available and upcoming before wasting money on current options ,when better ones are months away......I will say this forum has saved me money by guys reviewing tools positively or negatively and allowing me to make an educated choice....I really appreciate it....and jronman ,thanks

@Framer joe insight isn't "hey random person, check out this secret product coming out next month, keep it to yourself!". I believe it's more like "hey random person, hypothetically, if we were to make this cool imaginary product we are showing you right now, how cool would that be? Cool enough to spend money on? How much money? Lots of money?" :lol:

• Like 3

Take it your on insights @Bremon ? I'll be more then happy to try to influence Dewalt into making quality professional cordless tools, I'll give brutally honest opinions and recommendations on how to improve what they show me and what to develop.....at least I have a voice now representing framers/ construction guys ...although a small voice....price to me doesn't matter...Quality does..long lasting quality tools....

I wish they'd do more R&D based off of existing tools as much as new ones. Imagine if they'd listen to us about how to tweak or improve refresh tools to make them as perfect as they could be. Seems like every tool has that one little thing that just kills the potential that would be so simple to change, yet every version made from then on is practically exactly the same on the exterior. 

Take the premium drill line for instance, why the hell are we still messing with those shit gear shifters that barely function when they've already produced tools with electronic ones that are sooooooooo much better? (3 speed impact, 3 speed impact wrench, etc...) I'd pay like $30 more bare tool without question. 

• Like 2