Dewalt 20v multitool issue !

Craigh9916

I haven't had or heard of this issue. I mostly use flexvolt 6.0/2.0 batteries with my multitool. The one time I used a 2.0 slim pack it had no issues either. Maybe a faulty battery or faulty tool? I do notice some play in the contacts on the tool for the batteries. I have done a couple longer sessions with my multitool sanding some door panels. Tool was warm but battery was still in working order.

I've had a couple of them, since it came out....freaking love that tool. No problems,no issues...or with the battery that was on it....I may use it for an hour or two at a time ,so I don't know if extended use may cause a problem.....if under warranty I'd get a new one.....

That multi tool is a fucking piece of shit. The vibration is sickening, has no power and is a toy. Anyone who "loves" it has never used a professional grade multitool..the blade selection sucks, no thanks. Get yourself a Bosch or fein. Sorry for the rant.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have the bosch this one is my friends and yes I agree the dewalt blades are shit

I haven't had or heard of this issue. I mostly use flexvolt 6.0/2.0 batteries with my multitool. The one time I used a 2.0 slim pack it had no issues either. Maybe a faulty battery or faulty tool? I do notice some play in the contacts on the tool for the batteries. I have done a couple longer sessions with my multitool sanding some door panels. Tool was warm but battery was still in working order.

Doesn't sound like yours would have this issue if its not getting heavy use ! The only reason I get this impression is because you have said one time you used the 2.0 ah in it and didn't have an issue well no disrespect but you wouldn't if it was only once !

9 hours ago, Renner_construction said:

That multi tool is a fucking piece of shit. The vibration is sickening, has no power and is a toy. Anyone who "loves" it has never used a professional grade multitool..the blade selection sucks, no thanks. Get yourself a Bosch or fein. Sorry for the rant.

The DeWalt blades are junk.  Don't buy them.

Sounds like you had a bad experience.  I've used several brands and all different applications.  Never a problem.  We have one in each truck.

I did have a guy tell me they weren't any good.  Said they didn't have enough power.  Of course he had never used one.

16 hours ago, Renner_construction said:

Could not disagree more the two cordless dewalt multi tools  we use are worked hard very often. They replaced corded bosch units on the truck. The MTP 100 piece blade set from amazon are decent blades and its nice to only lose $2 a pop when you dull one.

@Renner_construction....I've used fein  400-500$ ,not bosch ,ya nice tools And ya love Dewalts and  love it's in my platform....it does everything we need...if I was a floor installer maybe go with a different brand...of course at 400-500 fein should be good......a test at pro tool reviews shows Makita as number 1.......use pro tools ? Cmon.,..

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Renner_construction said:

Becky...eat a snickers. 

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Framer joe said:

@Renner_construction....I've used fein  400-500$ ,not bosch ,ya nice tools And ya love Dewalts and  love it's in my platform....it does everything we need...if I was a floor installer maybe go with a different brand...of course at 400-500 fein should be good......a test at pro tool reviews shows Makita as number 1.......use pro tools ? Cmon.,..

I ran my corded Festool Vecturo head to head against a cordless Makita, it was embarrassing how slow the Makita was in comparison.  I think the owner committed hara-kiri.

I ran my corded Festool Vecturo head to head against a cordless Makita, it was embarrassing how slow the Makita was in comparison.  I think the owner committed hara-kiri.

I like my Makita, it's exactly what I expected for $150. I like the quick change mechanism a lot.

I wasn't foolish to think it would perform better than a $300-$400 corded, but it sure as hell works better than my M18 ever did!

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

On 6/23/2017 at 10:46 PM, Renner_construction said:

I love mine, I have used MANY different ones including Bosch, yep still love my DeWalt.  I am a person that makes money using my tools so i guess that makes me a professional and its a professional tool.

Vibration? not any worse than others, use a larger battery, smooths it out noticeably.

No power? Make sure you have a charged battery on it, that solves the no power problem.

Toy? I suppose it sorta looks like a armless action figure when its standing upright.

Blade selection sucks?  Um I haven't found a blade I couldn't put on it(there is an adaptor and admittedly I've never tried to use a starlock on it) 

I love mine, I have used MANY different ones including Bosch, yep still love my DeWalt.  I am a person that makes money using my tools so i guess that makes me a professional and its a professional tool.

Vibration? not any worse than others, use a larger battery, smooths it out noticeably.
No power? Make sure you have a charged battery on it, that solves the no power problem.
Toy? I suppose it sorta looks like a armless action figure when its standing upright.
Blade selection sucks?  Um I haven't found a blade I couldn't put on it(there is an adaptor and admittedly I've never tried to use a starlock on it) 

The two batteries that the tool broke were the larger batteries