Jump to content

Only 1 120v Tool


JakeDewalt

Recommended Posts

120v Dual Bevel 12in Miter

Love it 

 

But I have this 120v power adapter that when not using the miter saw is completely useless.

 

20v has 100+ tools

60v has about 10 tools at this point maybe more

120v has 1 Tool.

 

The platform has a 120v Gap.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I got the indication that there is a table saw but it wasn't going to be at DeWALT Experience. No specifics whether it was a new table saw or an already existing one. The statement was something like "the table saw isn't here." I can't remember where I saw the statement.

 

I wouldn't be surprised if there was a Flexvolt 120v vac in the works.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

What's ridiculous is that Dewalt pisses off the very people that spend large dollars on their tools...the marketing dept are complete morons. I realize they make billions but they loose millions when tools are needed and you have to buy it on another platform........like my older brother . The IQ of a genius, the common sense of a rock...

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

What's ridiculous is that Dewalt pisses off the very people that spend large dollars on their tools...the marketing dept are complete morons. I realize they make billions but they loose millions when tools are needed and you have to buy it on another platform........like my older brother . The IQ of a genius, the common sense of a rock...

Ha ha this is gold


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Link to comment
Share on other sites

And it's beyond me they haven't made yet a step down transformer from 120V to 60V so you can use your tools corded when you need it. I don't care if it's as big and heavy as the power station, I just want the possibility. It isn't rocket science...

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

uber i

3 hours ago, JakeDewalt said:

120v Dual Bevel 12in Miter

Love it 

 

But I have this 120v power adapter that when not using the miter saw is completely useless.

 

20v has 100+ tools

60v has about 10 tools at this point maybe more

120v has 1 Tool.

 

The platform has a 120v Gap.

 

 120v isn't a platform, it is just an extension of the 60v platform. The 120v adapter comes with the saw so it's not like you buy it especially for a new platform, it is just an accessory for the mitre saw. It's not like you invest in a 120v platform you invest in flexvolt 60v and you get the capability of running 120v as an ad on

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, zinzander said:

uber i

 120v isn't a platform, it is just an extension of the 60v platform. The 120v adapter comes with the saw so it's not like you buy it especially for a new platform, it is just an accessory for the mitre saw. It's not like you invest in a 120v platform you invest in flexvolt 60v and you get the capability of running 120v as an ad on

so its 60Vx2?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, JakeDewalt said:

120v is definantly a platform.

 

Just one yet to fully be recognized.

 

And the opportunities are endless

 If you normally use Makita 18v and you own a 2 times 18v circular saw as part of your 18v collection do you have another platform or are you just using two of your 18v batteries at the same time. so is dewalt 240v also a platform with just one tool?.?.?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, zinzander said:

uber i

 120v isn't a platform, it is just an extension of the 60v platform. The 120v adapter comes with the saw so it's not like you buy it especially for a new platform, it is just an accessory for the mitre saw. It's not like you invest in a 120v platform you invest in flexvolt 60v and you get the capability of running 120v as an ad on

In europe it comes at an extra cost of about €150. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Technically it's a 60v platform but apologizing for desalts failure to make 2x60v tools is silly. 

Makita's appeal is 2x18v to make more powerful tools with existing batteries. 

Part of the whole sales pitch of 60v was some tools would be 60vx2 or 120v D.C.  Dewalt was making us night the bullet on a new battery platform so some tools would be corded or cordless like the dhs790. No need to use batteries when set up for long periods.  So where is the full size compressors, table saws, vacuums, etc....  in other words almost all new 120v  dewalt tools could be flexvolt. Go corded or cordless. I bought in and am disappointed in the lack of 60vx2 tools with a corded option especially now that no 60v convertor is being made 😩

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, glass said:

Technically it's a 60v platform but apologizing for desalts failure to make 2x60v tools is silly. 

Makita's appeal is 2x18v to make more powerful tools with existing batteries. 

Part of the whole sales pitch of 60v was some tools would be 60vx2 or 120v D.C.  Dewalt was making us night the bullet on a new battery platform so some tools would be corded or cordless like the dhs790. No need to use batteries when set up for long periods.  So where is the full size compressors, table saws, vacuums, etc....  in other words almost all new 120v  dewalt tools could be flexvolt. Go corded or cordless. I bought in and am disappointed in the lack of 60vx2 tools with a corded option especially now that no 60v convertor is being made 😩

Thank you I agree

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 hours ago, zinzander said:

is the 240v power station a different platform?

Im not too sure what you mean by 240v power station. Do you mean the one that takes 4 batteries? If so not available in europe along with the stud drill as far as i can see

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, kornomaniac said:

Not available in Europa because our corded tools are 240v and not 110 like in USA. 

Ireland and the UK is different. 110v is required on site. Its a pain, means lugging around a heavy transformer all the time

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I'm fine with 60v and 120v tools ,,it was needed to get true corded power....BUT...if your going to have us buy new batteries and tools for that platform...you MUST continue to pump out that platforms..tools every year ,relentlessly........Dewalt pulled some bullishlt again....,,.thats  F...up....

Link to comment
Share on other sites

21 minutes ago, Framer joe said:

I'm fine with 60v and 120v tools ,,it was needed to get true corded power....BUT...if your going to have us buy new batteries and tools for that platform...you MUST continue to pump out that platforms..tools every year ,relentlessly........Dewalt pulled some bullishlt again....,,.thats  F...up....

compressor, rear handle saw, and mixer were nice. The fact that they added rafter hooks on the circular saw indicates they do listen to their customers. I wasn't disappointed in the event I'm guessing many of the upcoming flex tools weren't ready enough to be shown at the event maybe at the next one we will see more flex?

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

29 minutes ago, Jronman said:

compressor, rear handle saw, and mixer were nice. The fact that they added rafter hooks on the circular saw indicates they do listen to their customers. I wasn't disappointed in the event I'm guessing many of the upcoming flex tools weren't ready enough to be shown at the event maybe at the next one we will see more flex?

 

Nah we're going to get a powered wheelbarrow instead. :lol:

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I really don't get people's attitudes on this.

 

A manufacturer creates a new tool that does what is claims it will do. They make no promises about future tools being made the same. Buyers PRESUME that more similar tools will be released and get salty 11 months later when they haven't.

 

If you don't want a saw that needs two batteries to run, don't buy it. If you don't want an electric adapter, don't buy it. The way I see it, Dewalt tried to make something awesome and someone will always find a way to make them seem like bad guys.

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Member Statistics

    16,561
    Total Members
    6,555
    Most Online
    jarom8998
    Newest Member
    jarom8998
    Joined
×
×
  • Create New...