A never ending project

firefighter4187

Hey guys! I see everyone is puting up a project do i thought its time for me to have one. Well i went for the powerstroke, love it! i get compliments on it all the time, its a rare truck around here with the "old body Style" if you do see one, they have one foot in the crusher. But yeah its a 97 f 250 with a 7.3 liter power stroke, i am getting better gas mileage then everyone thinks, with the gear vendor system, 4.10 gears, i am at 1400 rpms for 60 mph, not to shabby for a big ol truck. 

My plans: i am in the process of stripping the stickers and wet sanding her, i am planning on repainting her, same bright white, it looks good in the pictures, but some one re clear coated it and did it half ass, so now its running. got the running boards off, also looking to level it out a little bit in the future. Also doing intake, exhaust tuner gauges etc in the future along with all the other little things. I repainted the front trim, so i put some smoked headlights in while i was at it.Here are a bunch of pictures, this will be an on going thing so stay tuned for plenty of pictures.

got herScreenShot2013-11-18at100329PM_zpsfc30c6
Running boards offCAM00230_zpsc68263a6.jpg
Some more inside and out pictures
CAM00243_zpse540aabd.jpgCAM00249_zpsef943dac.jpgCAM00250_zps9a204b2e.jpgCAM00251_zps9eec771d.jpgCAM00253_zpse342b8dd.jpg
Stickers on there way offCAM00370_zps01e733a8.jpg
The new face with the new lightsCAM00402_zps8707d38d.jpgMyCollage_1_zpsfa5c7635.png

• Like 1

That would be a pile of rust by now with the salt they use on the roads up here during winter. The snow and icy weather we get is just brutal it's funny when you see old ass cars on the road in states that have good weather for cars like California. I have seen shows where I see cars that haven't been around here in years are still driven out west.

• Like 1

Well... As long as you have a letter from the Fire Chief, light bar, hidden strobes, sirens, you name it. Heck, I got passed by a VFF a few months ago in a 5.7 BLACK Dodge Charger with more lights on it than my new low pro Charger! Guy was going code three looked like a Christmas tree attached to a missile! Only rule is NO blue! Red only.

Well... As long as you have a letter from the Fire Chief, light bar, hidden strobes, sirens, you name it. Heck, I got passed by a VFF a few months ago in a 5.7 BLACK Dodge Charger with more lights on it than my new low pro Charger! Guy was going code three looked like a Christmas tree attached to a missile! Only rule is NO blue! Red only.

You used to be  a volunteer right?

Yup. Call firefighter in Wells Me. Firefighter 1 certified and I was also a full time EMT-I in Manchester NH, our largest city, I worked part time in Wells Me as an EMT too. Then off off to LE. In Maine you could only have one dash light no sirens or light bars or anything like that. I liked it because there was no emergency drivers training and still isn't so in NH we have VFF crashes often enough. It's typical though, as lights come one and sirens turn on the speed goes up and the tunnel vision sets in and unfortunately sometimes bad things happen to good people who are helping others. I guess all I can say Chase is be careful. If the FD offers drivers training take it. It is great training and a lot of fun. I used to teach the emergency driving (EVOC) at our Police Academy and really enjoyed passing info on to recruits.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Update: Slowly but surely doing some stuff to her so here we go:

Just installed an AFE pro dry s stage 2 cold air intake, what i believe is the best cold air intake system for a diesel truck, has a 7 layer high flow dry filter, its a really nice kit, its a little pricey but really does wonders with these trucks, added a little hp and torque with it, its also a stage 2 so it can support some big injectors and turbo, next up is straight piping the exhaust. 

IMG_20140113_160630_zps41641fa3.jpg

A few minutes ago i just finished up installing some KC Highliter off road lights, they are 130 watt, 200,000 candle watt power!!! Mounted them behind the grill, they are EXTREMLY bright!!

A little before after

IMG_20140118_211539_zps8655fb72.jpg

Also i will be installing tomorrow, i basically stole it from walmart, Pioneer head unit and 4 50watt speaker combo package for $85!!!!! Basically bought the head unit and got the speakers free, that will really make the ol girl sound like a mercedes inside!!

CAM00601_zpsc7cd4b42.jpg

The next items planned are:

4in straight pipe

tuner

removal of visor

front leaf spring conversion

• 1 month later...

Hey guys i have been crazy busy the past couple weeks, but i just leveled, and put 325 65 18 nitto terragrapplers on 18in xd hoss rims, looks unbelievable, also took the visor off and the bump moldings. Gotta get caught up here on the forum

Edit: Also installed a new down pipe, and have all the exhaust off from the downpipe back, installing a side dump exhaust in the near future, then after i make some more money I'm buying a tuner.