New Shop Underway!

ChrisK

Thanks Jimbo, just brought her home. They added heated seats and a spray in bed liner. Sweeeeeeeeeeet. The whole back window disappears via power. Hummina hummina hummina!!!!

I love Tacomas, best non full sized truck on the market, most companies can't competed with them

Jimbo

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yeah Tacomas are pretty nice, but getting the ATV in there plus the super heavy duty towing ability AND the ability to put my future in a safe seat trumped my last Tundra four door! This thing is cavernous!

This is t really my shop but it was me! My friend Dave, who builds 16-17th century homes by hand asked me if I'd like to come over and pick up some new skills. Today I was laying out these for rafters for the second story of his barn.  Hot but a lot of fun!

image.jpeg

• Like 2

Thanks! Those are hand hewn 8x8 sticks he harvested right from his property. I'm going back over Monday and finishing up about 6 more mortises. They are purlins for the upper deck. I'm going to help him at his barn raising at the end of June or beginning of July. Really cool, hard work but a lot of fun.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, kruton said:

Very cool man. Definitely makes you realize how good we have it with all of the tools out there!

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

It's pretty cool watching Dave work Kruton. He has a couple of power tools he's running right now namely a couple of Makita circular saws (ones a 10") and a Milwaukee hole hawg with a huge auger bit for beginning the mortises.

• Like 2

Thanks! Those are hand hewn 8x8 sticks he harvested right from his property. I'm going back over Monday and finishing up about 6 more mortises. They are purlins for the upper deck. I'm going to help him at his barn raising at the end of June or beginning of July. Really cool, hard work but a lot of fun.

You are a good buddy, this is the stuff I love to do. There is nothing more satisfying then post and beam.

John, Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk[emoji848]

• Like 1

It's pretty cool watching Dave work Kruton. He has a couple of power tools he's running right now namely a couple of Makita circular saws (ones a 10") and a Milwaukee hole hawg with a huge auger bit for beginning the mortises.

I think that is one of the reasons I like covered bridge rehabs so much. Don't get me wrong the big concrete and steel bridges are enjoyable work, but something about seeing the quality of the work on some of those old timber structures amazes me. Especially when you consider they didn't have all of the equipment we do today. Cool to see people with the skill and talent still building like this.

• Like 2

Just now, kruton said:

I think that is one of the reasons I like covered bridge rehabs so much. Don't get me wrong the big concrete and steel bridges are enjoyable work, but something about seeing the quality of the work on some of those old timber structures amazes me. Especially when you consider they didn't have all of the equipment we do today. Cool to see people with the skill and talent still building like this.

I'll take some more pics this week Kruton but everything he does, including his home, is like this. He uses hand made through pegs sharpened to hold the mortiser timbers.

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...

Well....finished my first commission. Fifteen birds total. I'm waiting to hear if his wife wants more but I got to attach my business card to the order so maybe I'll get some word of mouth :) Got a wee one on the way! Daddy needs new tools!!!!!

image.jpeg

• Like 7

1 hour ago, ChrisK said:

Well....finished my first commission. Fifteen birds total. I'm waiting to hear if his wife wants more but I got to attach my business card to the order so maybe I'll get some word of mouth :) Got a wee one on the way! Daddy needs new tools!!!!!

image.jpeg

Nice job brotha!!

• Like 2

20 hours ago, ChrisK said:

image.jpeg

Is that a "Festool" makeover on some "Gladiator"  boxes? Sounds like something I would do.

• Like 2