New Shop Underway!

ChrisK

Well....finished my first commission. Fifteen birds total. I'm waiting to hear if his wife wants more but I got to attach my business card to the order so maybe I'll get some word of mouth [emoji4] Got a wee one on the way! Daddy needs new tools!!!!!

image.jpeg

Hey Chris, you say they are BIRDS? And someone paid you? I don't care what Kruton says. They look nice to me!

John, Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk[emoji848]

• Like 2

Hey Chris, you say they are BIRDS? And someone paid you? I don't care what Kruton says. They look nice to me!

Real cool man! Chris knows I wouldn't hate on him, we are Festool brethren now, we have to stick together!

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, KnarlyCarl said:

Lol well all joking aside, I'm interested to see what that new red tool you're getting soon,@chrisk

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Let's just say that though it received a bad review from an even worse reviewer, I still bought it :)

• Like 3

Yes Knarlycarl all joking aside! We must defeat the the festool sith lorde and his apprentice. Darth festoolest. [emoji1590][emoji83][emoji84][emoji869]may the RED force be strong with you.

• Like 3

Let's just say that though it received a bad review from an even worse reviewer, I still bought it [emoji4]

I think it's probably not a bad unit, said bozos review didn't really use it how you ordinarily would use one of those unnamed tools.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

• Like 2

Yeah, I watched the video and laughed my butt off. I couldn't believe he didn't even finish the review. Complete bs. The guy is a total fraud. Besides, Eric and Dan did a great review of the tool as did Concord Carpenter. Regardless....the minute Dewalt introduces one, the one I bought will more likely be up for sale!

• Like 1

Hssssssss.......Shhhhhhhhhhhh.........hssssssssssss........shhhhhhhhhhh......

Boys......it's coming. I'm slowly turning the hardened tool users to a better machine........hssssssssss.........shhhhhhhhhhh.........once you embrace the power of the German machining and bask in its ever lasting light of perfection.........

• Like 3

Just now, KnarlyCarl said:

Ok I thought dewalt made all versions of the different sizes for that.... the more I know

Just now, KnarlyCarl said:

Ok I thought dewalt made all versions of the different sizes for that.... the more I know

I've got the framer and the finish gun in 20v, when the Brad comes.....my Ascension will be complete! In the interim though, Red will have to do. Besides with my track record of getting duds I figure I'll at least get my money back if this one craps the bed! But seriously, it looks like a well built tool.

• Like 5

• 1 month later...
On June 14, 2016 at 1:02 PM, nordraw said:

Not much going on in the shop while we wait for the sale of our home but in preparation of the new home I acquired a couple of new tools for the inevitable shop move and upgrade! After driving home hundreds of framing nails at my friends barn, with an old steel head claw I decided a new framer was in line! And while I was at it! How's about a new claw too?

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

• Like 4

• 2 weeks later...

Well, like all stories this one is coming to an end. My wife and I put an offer on a property in the lakes region. My little shop is nearly closed and hasn't been in use for a month now but in October a new shop is in the works.

The new digs will have room for our future child, a couple of horses and endless work. Our new home God willing is a 1911 Four Square craftsman with an attached carriage house. The second floor of that carriage house will be my new shop! My wife and our bun in the oven are pretty stoked :D

image.jpeg

• Like 5

42 minutes ago, ChrisK said:

Well, like all stories this one is coming to an end. My wife and I put an offer on a property in the lakes region. My little shop is nearly closed and hasn't been in use for a month now but in October a new shop is in the works.

The new digs will have room for our future child, a couple of horses and endless work. Our new home God willing is a 1911 Four Square craftsman with an attached carriage house. The second floor of that carriage house will be my new shop! My wife and our bun in the oven are pretty stoked :D

image.jpeg

Looks like you have some work ahead of you though. Your going to need a new roof right away!!

No doubt Jason. I'm meeting with him at 2 today for the estimate. Then I'll be doing painting. The interior hardwood is amazing. Completely redone. All of the walls are pristine and best of all, the hardwood trim and doors have never seen paint. Absolutely amazing shape. I am one blessed dude.

• Like 2