New Shop Underway!

ChrisK

Sooooo......

I haven't shot a video in a while and wanted to show an actual video of a new tool I have. It's the Lie Neilsen Beading Tool (essentially a scraper plane) that allows you to create your own custom molding. 

About six months before I lost my best buddy Rufus, Samantha, my wife, sold her horse Countessa. My wife is an accomplished equestrian and (horses scare the heck out of me) was lost without Tess but she felt because we had been trying to have a child (yeah yeah....I'm old) she should sell Tess as my wife does hunter jumper riding and it is dangerous. Anyways. Long story short, Samantha got a new horse, Winters Blizzard (ironic as we didn't have any snow....for once) and I promised to build her a tack trunk. While doing this I came to the realization that I want to do my own custom molding. So here's the video.....of the tool in action :)

This tool is really amazing and will be serving me quite well in the immediate future especially when I begin building my own custom cabinets for our home. 

• Like 2

And being I like to shoot videos for my own personal pleasure, I took a video too....

Sorry about the terrible video but if you want a real video watch Big Bang Theory!

its so choice.....if you have the means, I highly recommend picking one up.....

image.png

• Like 3

Are you converting the basement into a grow house? My goodness it's a little bright lol. I have the same shop basement look setup as yours. I will try a couple out because you can never have enough light says Icarus.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk[emoji41]

Well I got the second shop light in today and wow. Completely amazing how much light I am getting. I ordered parts to build a Moxon Vise and should have everything in next week, just in time for me to go to Florida so maybe the week after I'll be building a custome vise out of some 12/4 Poplar or some laminated Maple. I don't want to buy more wood for this project whereas I could use some great species I have in the shop that have been curing for quite some time. Anyway, I will post some pics of the soon, and tomorrow I'll be assembling the tack trunk. Fun fun fun!

• Like 2

Thanks to my Wife and Mother in Law messing with things in the kitchen and living room I found a reason to make a second pantry. This one will be roughly 76" tall, about 11-15/16 deep and will have adjustable shelves. I designed the idea in my head, as usual. So....what does that mean? A disaster. But I got to play with one of my favorite tools and set ups. The Festool OF1400 router with the LR32 and a Midi vac. The victim....3/4 Birch veneer plywood....

• Like 5

Not only that you can achieve a straighter cleaner cut than with a circ saw due to the track, good if you don't have a table saw for ripping down sheathing or if you have your table set up for dados or what not

Jimbo

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk