New Shop Underway!

ChrisK

Made some more progress this evening including the addition of a shelf, an extra wide drawer with 100 lb capacity and the casters. Coming along fairly swiftly now....

Hmm, Thank You for sharing this, gives me an idea for an airbrush station.  Do you have plans for this cabinet? Or can you point me to where I can purchase them?

Hmmmmm, no plans Wigwag. I watched a couple of videos, figured out what I liked and just shot forward with my own idea. I can give you measurements for this out feed table and I should have thought to jot down a diagram but when I design shop project furniture I have never think too hard about it and draw it out. I watched Marc Spagnolas videos, some from Jay Bates and even the down to earth woodworker but I ended up doing my typical......yeah I like that but.... This one was based on two very particular needs for my shop and my Sawstop, I know I'm moving outdoors in the near future but my shop is pretty tiny so my first need was mobility and reduced size and my second was to build a table that will last a long time through the use of a removable top. I was truthfully going to go short and simple with some 2x4s and a couple of sheets of sheathing. I ended up using entirely all cabinet grade plywood for the casement and drawer. Everything sized to 3/4". I am working on the face frame and am thinking of using some poplar I have in the shop. Although I already did the top, I am thinking about making the top larger with an lever hang to the rear of about 12-14" and a piano hinge or solid one.

• Like 1

Couple more shots of the completed unit. I say completed in that the top is not done. The cabinets are complete, back has been attached with a through way top storage compartment, two unders with electronics access and 100lb support drawer. Next up, table top with some integrated t tracks. I'm also thinking about a small clamp rack on one side of the table for my 6 and 12" clamps.

• Like 1

Couple more shots of the completed unit. I say completed in that the top is not done. The cabinets are complete, back has been attached with a through way top storage compartment, two unders with electronics access and 100lb support drawer. Next up, table top with some integrated t tracks. I'm also thinking about a small clamp rack on one side of the table for my 6 and 12" clamps.

. That's a sweet lookin set up bro!!

• 3 weeks later...

The out feed table is working awesome. I boarded up all but the upper shelf that is not equipped with a drawer. I wanted a pass through space, don't know why but o figured may as well. I have to add two doors, one for the compressor station, the other for the tool storage area.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, ChrisK said:

Cut, glued and assembled the door for the tack trunk I am building my wife. I love my Sawstop ;)

image.jpeg

looking great, is that one of those push grippers i see on the saw, if so do you like it, been looking at them myself