What's on your feet?

WIElectrician

We all talk about what kinda of power tool and hand tools we use, but what kinda of boots do you guys wear? I'll be the first to post what I wear! I stay close to home, and buy 100% made in Wisconsin Thorogood boots. I've had my boots for over a year now, and have ZERO complaints about this fine MADE IN THE USA boot.

Here is the Boots I have:

http://www.midwestboots.com/Merchant2/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Product_Code=TH814-4364&Category_Code=American_Made_Mens_Boots

We all talk about what kinda of power tool and hand tools we use, but what kinda of boots do you guys wear? I'll be the first to post what I wear! I stay close to home, and buy 100% made in Wisconsin Thorogood boots. I've had my boots for over a year now, and have ZERO complaints about this fine MADE IN THE USA boot.

Here is the Boots I have:

http://www.midwestboots.com/Merchant2/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Product_Code=TH814-4364&Category_Code=American_Made_Mens_Boots

• Like 1

Very important topic! I spend all day on my feet so my shoes are very important to me...

most of the time, doing a mix of interior and exterior work I usually wear these Salomon ultra x gtx hiking boot.. http://m.llbean.com/product.html#82233. I prefer hiking boots over work boots for their comfort and light weight. I've gone through several very nice pairs but theseriously are by far the best I've found all around.

when conditions call for something a little more serious I put on my Chippewa 9" steel toe loggers.. love these boots!http://www.chippewaboots.com/footwear/safety/outdoor/25405

I like them, they're comfortable and they seem to be holding out pretty good so far. They've got an anti-roll heel that's supposed to help keep you from twisting your ankle, so that's cool too. I had to do something because the steel toes kept setting off the metal detectors and I was getting sick of having to stop and get wanded every time I went through. So, I bit the bullet and spent more than I typically do on shoes, and so far I'm happy. Wasn't too sure about buying shoes online but the reviews that Thorogood gets seemed to be pretty favorable so I said what the heck.

I like the fact that they have the same ratings as steel toe and also have the non-metallic features for electrical. They also have removable inserts, so if you don't like the fit with the stock ones you can pull them and put Dr Scholl's or similar in them instead.

if anyone knows the importance of a good work boot it will be me, in 1997 I had a 2800lb chip bin auger fall off a set of steel stands right on to my left foot like a guillotine. I ended up with injuries but not because of the steel toe boot......the object hit the steel toe part and took most of the impact but the auger bounced forwards to me and crushed my foot and all 5 toes........had it bounced the other way I would got away unscaved  16 operations later after 18 years still screwed up

20150120_0947481.jpg

Wow comp that's a real downer.

What I wear is some of the most stylish steel toes I could find and I wear them all the time they are my everyday shoes they have a steel toe, composition plate, and non slip soles, there great for working in a warehouse or shop when you need toe protection but not so much ankle support, and they are really breathable.

http://www.marks.com/shop/en/marks-marksdefaultsalescatalog/footwear/mens-casual-safety-shoes/mens-brock-stcp-skate-shoe-30417

Man, I have been blessed! The only work injury (outside of cuts and stuff) I've had was breaking a couple of ribs when working on a powerline gig in SoCal. I almost had a helicopter come to fly me out, but I managed to pull myself together enough to make the mile-and-a-half hike out... luckily mostly downhill.

Anyway, my work boots are Danner Pronghorn hunting boots. As a land surveyor, I do a lot of walking and am on my feet a good portion of the day, on some fairly rough ground. When on the powerline job, I'd get 6-8 months out of a pair, but now they last me at least two years. I broke through a lot of chemise chaparral (nasty thick brush) and walking/hiking on a lot of rough granite and I just shredded boots