New DCK290L and New to Forum

DiverDn

Hi John, welcome to the forum! Great kit that. I bought it too and got the circular saw. I've gone on eBay to get a 4.0 and sold the impact gun and one the 3.0 as I really only needed the hammer and saw. The DCD985 is one of the best (in my opinion) BRUSHED hammer drills out there. I spent two days driving 1/4" tap cons into my basement wall. Solid performance all around and the saw is no Milwaukee Fuel but I did have the pre - Fuel saw and the Dewalt was better for me. Your going to be happy with your American made kit. Have fun on the site!

Thanks everyone on the welcome, it's appreciated.

Chris, I'm not a heavy user so I didn't think I needed to spend the extra money on brushless yet and seemed to be a decent deal, I really hadn't done any research. Perhaps the next time I buy I will go the brushless route.

The only other option they had besides the battery was the circular saw, but I didn't think I would use it much. 

dwain, I will take a look at the compact drill, thanks for the recommendation.

bigmikez, not my first time with DeWalt, I have a 18v DW995, but my batteries had died and I thought I would give the new system a try. I still may pick up some new batteries since the old drill still runs fine.

I have had second thoughts about not getting the reciprocating saw. What is everyones opinion on DeWalts cordless model?

John

Thanks everyone on the welcome, it's appreciated.

Chris, I'm not a heavy user so I didn't think I needed to spend the extra money on brushless yet and seemed to be a decent deal, I really hadn't done any research. Perhaps the next time I buy I will go the brushless route.

The only other option they had besides the battery was the circular saw, but I didn't think I would use it much. 

dwain, I will take a look at the compact drill, thanks for the recommendation.

bigmikez, not my first time with DeWalt, I have a 18v DW995, but my batteries had died and I thought I would give the new system a try. I still may pick up some new batteries since the old drill still runs fine.

I have had second thoughts about not getting the reciprocating saw. What is everyones opinion on DeWalts cordless model?

John

I'm happy With the cordless one the 4 position blade clamp is really nice.

Funny thing I got to watching tool videos today and the wife saw the cordless reciprocating saw with a wood blade on it.  

She said, "I could use that to cut fire wood while we're out camping". 

So tomorrow she is going to stop at Lowes for me and see if they will exchange the un-opened battery for the saw.

Gotta love her.

Thanks everyone for the welcome.

The wife went back to Lowes and did the exchange the 4 ah battery for the recipe saw.

Thanks for the feedback dwain, I'm a home users and won't use it a ton, so I'm not too concerned about the vibrations. 

Plus if my wife wants to use it to prune and cut firewood, I happy to get her interested in using the tools.

John