Show your new toys

BK13

Thanks chris,

I had been wanting one for a while but it was never really on the top of my list until I was in the middle of a tile job.. at that point I would always say "man, I should have bought a new saw before this job" but would just finish the job with my old saw and then forget about getting a new saw again.. This time, I have two tile jobs back to back and I figured no better time than now to pop for the new saw.. that way I can use it for these two jobs and benifit from it..

I hope that It is a simple job and not like this one because by the end you are ready to hang yourself. A lot of cuts and a lot of edge stoning

br_zpsklm9gnmi.jpg

Some more goodies in the mail today!

bunch of new taping knives, goes along with the new tiny 3/4" and 10" knife from the other day.. one more still in transit. I had a few older Hyde knives that have always been my favorite but over the years they have been disappearing.. I have been using a Mis-matchd set for a while now.. some I like and some I dont.. with my current job involving a decent amount to of drywall I thought I would treat myself to a new set of nice knives.. so far I really like them

post-49019-0-80608200-1430624386_thumb.j

Festool hand sanding block with vac attachment, it uses the same paper as my LS130 so I didn't have to buy more Sandpaper for it.

post-49019-0-10276600-1430624404_thumb.j

• Like 1

Nothing like that.. fairly straight forward compared to some stuff I've done in the past..

that's a great looking shower.. hard to see the details in the pic.. what is the black detail on the wall? Is that a shower you did??

This was done years ago with my uncle for some retro tile company. All hand cuts with a wet saw. Now you can have it custom made no cuts just lay it out and put it up. He made up panels and hot glued the tiles to them in the shop and took the to the showroom to install them. Once we got to the job it was easy to keep it all straight. Just pop them off and put them up. 

My dad and uncles had a Tile stone and marble business that they started in 1950 I'm trying to find the photos of a swimming pool they did in 1960 that had 3 mosaic mermaids in the bottom. I just remember them saying that it took them over 6 months to do.    

• Like 1

Some more goodies in the mail today!

bunch of new taping knives, goes along with the new tiny 3/4" and 10" knife from the other day.. one more still in transit. I had a few older Hyde knives that have always been my favorite but over the years they have been disappearing.. I have been using a Mis-matchd set for a while now.. some I like and some I dont.. with my current job involving a decent amount to of drywall I thought I would treat myself to a new set of nice knives.. so far I really like them

attachicon.gif20150502_192750.jpg

Festool hand sanding block with vac attachment, it uses the same paper as my LS130 so I didn't have to buy more Sandpaper for it.

attachicon.gif20150502_192654.jpg

I am curious on your opinion on that little sander NER. It seems like it would be great for the little touch up sanding after point up mud.

Not my stuff but a mate on site, he got all his gear stolen so what a shame had to buy all new tools

I see some Mafells in that pile. Are those his stolen tools or his replacement tools? Also curious if he has any idea who the slime swelling suck hole is that stole them? Did he have his tools registered for insurance?

I see some Mafells in that pile. Are those his stolen tools or his replacement tools? Also curious if he has any idea who the slime swelling suck hole is that stole them? Did he have his tools registered for insurance?

Those are all his new tools, think he had about $30k of tools stolen in one go he had the festool insurance which means you pay a flat fee of £100 and get the tool back new regardless of it's worth. They didn't find the guys who stole them, it was in Central London they reversed another van up to the back of his and just transferred everything. All his Hilti stuff went too which he still hasn't replaced

Those are all his new tools, think he had about $30k of tools stolen in one go he had the festool insurance which means you pay a flat fee of £100 and get the tool back new regardless of it's worth. They didn't find the guys who stole them, it was in Central London they reversed another van up to the back of his and just transferred everything. All his Hilti stuff went too which he still hasn't replaced

Wow, that sucks man, he lost a ton

Ordered some Wago wire connectors. Anyone try these? saw the review Dan and Eric done on them and figured I give them a try

Brilliant connectors, I'm a UK electrician and have used them for about 5yrs, they are more common in Europe and Germany, perfect product and definitely speeds things up.

Brilliant connectors, I'm a UK electrician and have used them for about 5yrs, they are more common in Europe and Germany, perfect product and definitely speeds things up.

Thanks Pennywise, can you use stranded and solid wire in a connector ( wire of the same gauge) or do you have do install like for like in one connector?

@Pennywise dude. That sucks. I had no idea Festool has an insurance plan though. I wonder if it's UK only? Regardless that is an awesome feature for your mate. I hope those guys get caught though. That's taking from a guy's pocket when they do stuff like that.

Thanks Pennywise, can you use stranded and solid wire in a connector ( wire of the same gauge) or do you have do install like for like in one connector?

Nope you can use various types of gauge in the same connector the spring adjusts to the size needed so you mix and match stranded with solid, as long as you use a separate terminal with the different types of wire, ie a three way block with a solid in the first and stranded in the second not both twisted together and shoved into one.

@Pennywise dude. That sucks. I had no idea Festool has an insurance plan though. I wonder if it's UK only? Regardless that is an awesome feature for your mate. I hope those guys get caught though. That's taking from a guy's pocket when they do stuff like that.

Yep it's a pretty good deal saves on having to go through insures and the aggravation and all you have to do is register the tool for the warranty agreement and your covered. Obviously it doesn't help losing a potential of $3k worth of festool insurance payout lol. This is the policy.

https://www.festool.co.uk/Service/all-inclusive/Pages/36-month-theft-protection.aspx

• Like 1