milwaukee m18 ccs66 problem

crofty

Hi, I've had 5 of these saws now and keep getting this same fault as in the video. I love the idea of this saw with the full size blade and how lightweight it is. I have the ccs55 and have never had a problem with it. Milwaukee UK say their engineers Cant duplicate the fault even though it only takes minutes for me. Just wondering if anybody else has had the same experience?

Milwaukee ccs66 circular saw problem fault:

I know, really frustrating as sometimes it works and others it doesn't. I really wish it would work as everything else about it is briliiant. Lightweight and full size blade with 5ah batteries. But seems like I keep getting a saw from the same faulty batch or something.

Milwaukee really need to sort something out!

It's the blade that came with the saw and it's tight. I've had the problem straight out of the box, the saw in the video is only a few days old. Most annoying thing is that milwaukee engineers Cant duplicate it so in their eyes there is no problem when clearly this isn't right

• Like 1

yikes for Milwaukee..    seems like faulty electronics   maybe as simple as a bad trigger but likely something in the circuit board that controls the motor is bad 

Crofty,  are they trying to duplicate the problem with one of the saws you have had an actual problem with or their own?  did you send them this video?  will they send someone out to your jobsite?

Yes they have taken all 5 saws I've had the problem with, they have sent them to Germany and the states and also here in the UK to try celeband figure out the problem. I have quite a few of their tools and really rate them. I even have the smaller version of this saw and never had a problem with it and it's been used really hard and never gives in.

They have sent a rep out to see the problem but hopefully they will send an engineer out as the rep had no idea. They have seen the video and a few more I made.

The warranty for milwaukee is excellent as I've used it in the past, just seems as they genuinly don't know why this is happening yet. By the way it's a 3year warranty on the UK

• Like 1

That sucks crofty. In the US we get the five year and they are great and I've had to use warranty service twice. I am at a crossroads between this very saw and the Makita brushless. Definitely making me sway my view :(

That sucks crofty. In the US we get the five year and they are great and I've had to use warranty service twice. I am at a crossroads between this very saw and the Makita brushless. Definitely making me sway my view :(

that sucks crofty about the 3yr warranty and Chris I've been looking at getting that fuel saw to and was almost ready to swipe the card ;) but after hearing this damn it sucks....

I'm usually not one to stir up negativity about a particular brand, and I certainly know that all manufacturers have their issues but sometimes with Milwaukee I wonder if these types of problems are the price for how fast they bring new products to market.. just not sufficient time to work all the bugs out..

No company wants to admit they have a fault remember how bad Apple was with Antenna Gate or GM with the ignition switches. Companies hate to admit something fucked up. I can't believe my motherboard died in 3 years the messed up thing is it was 2 months out of warranty. I could fight it but it might take weeks for the replacement to ship. Some of the component places are slow as hell

Uh...stupid question time...

Have you tried different batteries? I know with the Ryobi lithium batteries they have a built-in overload, so if you go too hard with a tool it cuts out. My miter saw does it every once in a while if I go too fast or press too hard. Could possibly be a bad battery...

Just askin'. 0092.gif

Uh...stupid question time...

Have you tried different batteries? I know with the Ryobi lithium batteries they have a built-in overload, so if you go too hard with a tool it cuts out. My miter saw does it every once in a while if I go too fast or press too hard. Could possibly be a bad battery...

Just askin'. 0092.gif

Could also possibly explain why they aren't able to reproduce the problem... If you aren't sending your batteries with the saw. Maybe it works fine with the batteries Milwaukee is testing it with, but not with yours.

The milwaukee rep came out again with my saw they had at the warranty centre. (by the way every time they took my saw and the batteries) the rep explained to me that they could only replicate the fault when they seriously overheated the saw by jamming the blade and this was the cause of the fault. I then took the saw and made 8 4foot long rips into inch and half kiln dried softwood and the fault occurred which took about 5mins max.

He then told me that I over heated the saw and that's why it cut out. (even though the saw felt barely warm)

My argument is that a "nothing but heavy duty" saw shouldn't overheat in 5mins and even if it did overheat it should just switch off like when the batteries overheat. Also if it was 32degrees Celsius outside the saw probably wouldn't even work as the sun might overheat it!

He is either giving you a load of bullshit (most likley) or that saw is a pice of garbage.. i used my 18v X2 (36v) makita to rip 120 ft of framing lumber and the saw had no problem.. never bogged down, never over heated, and the cuts were made non stop.. only enough time for me to change the boards (10 boards) as I had everything pre marked where I needed to cut them.

All on one pair of batteries

Milwaukee compares their saw against this Makita in their marketing, you would think they should work similarly then

I was also told to be careful with the saw and not to overuse it! Just use it a bit at a time 8 rips 4foot long is classed as excessive use for a professional tool

That's Bull. Seriously, NER and you are completely right. You don't buy ANY tool for work or whatever you do to lightly use it and be carefully to cool it off. Don't get me wrong, I don't blow $600 on a Festool and beat the crap out of it but if spend my cash on a tool it better do the job it was made for. That'd be like me at my job saying...."well boss, I know the State is paying me to work....but not too hard" no. You pay for a tool or service and expect it to work. Period.

• Like 1

I just got framing a 30' X 15' 2 story addition with all engineered lumber and used my M18 7 1/4 for the whole job with no problems. So I would say that the rep is giving you a load of bullshit. We were using 2x6 engineered studs and I made 2 8ft rips, I did not force the saw  but still went at a good pace.