What accessories does everybody keep with there screw guns, drills etc

Turner85

Great article too @Hatter512 ! Worth reading. I wonder how if he did that again, the Makita Gold bits would score?

Not sure, I would hope better.  I would also like to see how the dewalt max-fit bits do.  If there is enough interest it might be a fun day off thing to do sometime.  Are there any other "new" bit that weren't covered in the article?

I keep in my bag a: Dewalt right angle adapter & a Ryobi 11 inch flexible shaft bit holder, both have saved time & aggravation trying to get to those hard to reach screws / bolts. Also a set of glass / tile bits.

The makita gold bits are pretty good. They have a 6" but that has the Phillip head on both ends, I keep that in my impact

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk

I have a set of those style bits somewhere. I will say the Makita Impact Gold bits are solid. Did Milwaukee announce new bit's at the event or just the drill bits?

I use a 3 inch Dewalt dive guide with there maxfit tips for most of my work, Bosch Dare devil spade bits I love them, I must have drill a hundred holes yesterday with the 7/8 bit. Some step bits, tapcon condrive 1000, tapping bits, hex drivers and a bunch of wood and masonry bits I keep it all in a Klein canvas zipper bag. I think I have every single Makita gold bit ever made, there great.

• 6 months later...

How's everyone doing? I'm new to the forum and need some assistance. I recently picked up the new dewalt xr brushless hammer drill/driver kit and got a few dewalt black oxide drill bits and the dewalt screw bit kit 30 pc. Any thoughts on the bit choices?

How's everyone doing? I'm new to the forum and need some assistance. I recently picked up the new dewalt xr brushless hammer drill/driver kit and got a few dewalt black oxide drill bits and the dewalt screw bit kit 30 pc. Any thoughts on the bit choices?

. Welcome to the forum!! As far as bits go I haven't tried them all but I have tried Dewlalt both older and newer and milwaukee I gotta say I like the dewalts better then both milwaukee new and old but right now I'm hooked on the makita gold bits I'm really liking them a lot very durable. The crew is gonna help u out with any questions you have a lot of great guys with lots of info for ya!

Makita gold are awesome, try dewalt max fits too, Bmack is our resident bit guy around here, he's had good experience with German bits, I have some WIHA terminators that are awesome.

Jimbo

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Just received my makita gold set yesterday. There good and being able to keep in your pocket because of the compact carrier size is a huge plus
  • Like 1

Makita gold are awesome, try dewalt max fits too, Bmack is our resident bit guy around here, he's had good experience with German bits, I have some WIHA terminators that are awesome.

Jimbo

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Agree with Jimbo, he knows his stuff well. Dewalt MaxFit is very good, if you bought the FlexTorq, I'd return them. If it's the other Dewalt line, it isn't impact rated but the bits aren't bad quality. Makita gold is the best you'll find at HD or Lowe's. Wiha or other European bits are where you're going to find some of the best bits in the world. The USA made bits, are also good but expensive and generally shipping will kill the deal completely. Taiwan bits are generally pretty good. Out of all the bits currently available at HD or Lowe's, only the Makita bits(Japan) aren't made in China. Kobalt is the best non-impact rated bit Lowe's sells in my opinion. For impact at Lowe's I'd go with Irwin but HD has the MaxFit(Impact rated) which is cheaper and better than Irwin. Don't even consider buying Milwaukee screwdriver bits.

I hope I didn't confuse you with all that unsorted information. Of course, it's all subjective some people will disagree.

As far as drill bits, I've had good luck with Dewalt. I hear the new Milwaukee Shockwave Titanium bits are good but the sets are rather small with a fair amount of doubles, which is why I haven't tried them yet.

Here's my sack of accessories.977cfd1108ef5740f4dfe0624492da90.jpg233a3a28bd400b9d4f8c5a9cd15fc9cf.jpgad8792e50a899bf296398d6ee03c02d2.jpgbb851d7ad55ca0b364e80369dd782670.jpg03368272aa093b064a8f3b38e0ea7d2e.jpg The Dewalt gold oxide gives you pretty great value for your dollar. They are by no means a high end bit and if you intend to be drilling steel day in and day out do yourself a favor and buy a decent drill index but for seldom metal use they are great and are always on sale. The skil bits are worthless for anything other than wood and plastic. The Dewalt torque flex kit provides excellent value and convenience, however I have had bits break on me and it doesn't offer much in the way of nut drivers but its enough for most tin screws. On sale its a solid buy, comes with good cases. The other little Dewalt cases are nice to keep all the loose bits you accumulate from floating around. I have one for drill bits and one for screwdriving bits. Irwin spade bits are pretty standard. Nice case and variety for the price, $20 on sale at Lowes. Full disclosure, I don't get in a lot of spade bit action so I can't give any comparisons. The Bosch concrete hammer drill bits are top tier bits but, while that set comes with a nice case, it only goes up to 3/8 bit which 1/2 is what you'll usually be grabbing for. Don't have anything but good things to say about lenox hole saws. They are a good 10x better than Milwaukees or any of the other competition just be prepared to spend your lunch money on them. Greenlee step bit or any equivalent is a definite must. They are worth the premium price. A little set of hex drivers(alllen keys) are nice but might not see intensive use. Quick change adapters are overrated unless you don't have an impact driver. There's also a pile of stripper and and grinder wheels for my grinder and drill but those are pretty specialty application stuff. The welding rod case just has all my Sawzall blades in it but that's not exactly a screwdriving attachment. Just make sure you get a 3/8 socket drive adapter for your impact. It's great for getting your base plates and other bolts snugged down fast with some of the new impacts tightening all the way to 150 ft/lbs ( almost double the tightness of your lug nuts plenty enough to sink into pressure treated lumber).

Here's my sack of accessories. The Dewalt gold oxide gives you pretty great value for your dollar. They are by no means a high end bit and if you intend to be drilling steel day in and day out do yourself a favor and buy a decent drill index but for seldom metal use they are great and are always on sale. The skil bits are worthless for anything other than wood and plastic. The Dewalt torque flex kit provides excellent value and convenience, however I have had bits break on me and it doesn't offer much in the way of nut drivers but its enough for most tin screws. On sale its a solid buy, comes with good cases. The other little Dewalt cases are nice to keep all the loose bits you accumulate from floating around. I have one for drill bits and one for screwdriving bits. Irwin spade bits are pretty standard. Nice case and variety for the price, $20 on sale at Lowes. Full disclosure, I don't get in a lot of spade bit action so I can't give any comparisons. The Bosch concrete hammer drill bits are top tier bits but, while that set comes with a nice case, it only goes up to 3/8 bit which 1/2 is what you'll usually be grabbing for. Don't have anything but good things to say about lenox hole saws. They are a good 10x better than Milwaukees or any of the other competition just be prepared to spend your lunch money on them. Greenlee step bit or any equivalent is a definite must. They are worth the premium price. A little set of hex drivers(alllen keys) are nice but might not see intensive use. Quick change adapters are overrated unless you don't have an impact driver. There's also a pile of stripper and and grinder wheels for my grinder and drill but those are pretty specialty application stuff. The welding rod case just has all my Sawzall blades in it but that's not exactly a screwdriving attachment. Just make sure you get a 3/8 socket drive adapter for your impact. It's great for getting your base plates and other bolts snugged down fast with some of the new impacts tightening all the way to 150 ft/lbs ( almost double the tightness of your lug nuts plenty enough to sink into pressure treated lumber).

Hey thanks for taking some time to explain your setup! I agree on the Lennox hole saws, i got a kit, a dream to use. Nice idea using welding rod tube to hold sawzall blades.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

• Like 1