Found a new tool store in town....

RickyMcGrath

I've lived out here for 7 years, driven by this place hundreds of times and had no idea. I thought it was just tool rentals as its called Hill Top Rentals.

EVERY TOOL you would ever need. IN STOCK.

93546dba8dc2135108a14da83034ab56.jpg

af11c88a7facc2fdbff6b07cd2341557.jpg

82dc2077c8f18f41c192f8a562858bc6.jpg44880805aefb5c20662c524e54a31687.jpg

I didn't take a lot of pictures because I didn't want to be a weirdo, but MAN! This place was awesome! Specialty bits, holę saws, diamond cutters, vacuum filters, everything. Things I usually have to buy online and wait for shipping. Prices were fair, not great. But it could save time instead of waiting for tools or accessories to ship.

• Like 1

You neglected to tell us the size of the store, are we talking about a place the size of a pawn shop, or is this place as big as home depot? I think its nice you found another store to go to. My town usually only carries the basics and so I have to buy specialty stuff online. However, most recently, I was able to aquire a break caliper set from a large auto parts store in my town, so lucky there I guess.

It's about the size of an Ace Hardware.

They have everything DeWalt and a ton of Makita. Scaffolding, tile saws, compressors, clamps, NEW tools. Stabila Levels. 3' long masonry bits. 42" flooring blades. Tool chests. Pretty incredible

Hmmm sometimes i really wonder where you americans shop :D

You all talk about home depot, lowes ,etc.. And other brand of stores. As i gather these are major chains of stores troughout the USA right?

Here in belgium we also have the big chains of stores troughout the country but they only sell DIY brands. Cheaper stuff.

Makita/Bosch/dewalt/etc... Don't sell their stuff in big chains but only in specialized dealer stores.

If you are a tradesmen then you need to visit specialized stores.

Hmmm sometimes i really wonder where you americans shop :D

You all talk about home depot, lowes ,etc.. And other brand of stores. As i gather these are major chains of stores troughout the USA right?

Here in belgium we also have the big chains of stores troughout the country but they only sell DIY brands. Cheaper stuff.

Makita/Bosch/dewalt/etc... Don't sell their stuff in big chains but only in specialized dealer stores.

If you are a tradesmen then you need to visit specialized stores.

Korno the big box stores are my vice. I can go in and walk around for hours. It is nice that you can go in and get anything from an entry level tool to professional gear.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

Pretty much all power tools are bought at big box home centers now. Some specialty dealers still exist but not many

Around home here the specialty shops have almost died off. I hate it because they were great shops.

Yeah that's how i pictured it in USa just needed confirmation.

Specialty stores here are very protective of the brands they sell.   If Makita/dewalt/bosch would decide to start selling their tools in our belgium's big box stores then all their speciality dealers would 'rebel'   ( cant find a better word in my limited english ) against the brand and stop selling them.      And that's something the good brands dont want. The big box stores here aren't really known for their staffs knowledge or support.

http://chasdayco.com/

This is a happy place in Portlandia... They carry a bunch of Bosch stuff you won't find in HD/Lowes.... 10 and 12 inch miter saws, glide and not; sanders, including the convertible 5"/6" model; SDS rotary hammers; grinders; and more. A TON of Makita stuff, a fair amount of Milwaukee, some Skil, a little Fein stuff. Not very big, but full of cool stuff.

That's cool Ricky that u found a cool tool spot in your area! Out here Ace is the only place near by and its pretty pricey compared to HD or Lowes. Wish I could find a spot like that.

My store has been around for 14 years now and we still have professionals that are just now discovering us. We stock DeWalt, Hitachi, Senco, Bosch, Makita, Husqvarna and many others. I almost feel bad for those out there that live in the Florida panhandle that still haven't found us. We are very knowledgeable and love teaching and helping others. It does make me smile when they do discover us for the first time and wander around the store realizing what they got here.

I love walking around tool stores, I can spend hours there. Take me to a grocery story and I need to get the bleep out of there quick.

There is a Home Depot across the street from my office and I honestly go there everyday at lunch and walk around the tool section. If never gets old.