My Man Cave ........

fazmanicg

This is one of the best workshops I have ever seen! Mine doesn't even come close to the awesomeness of yours and doing the work I do, my workshop gets black dust everywhere! You have some serious hardcore dust extraction! I wonder what powers all that heavy duty suction? Some people in here say you have built the dream, I tend to agree with that statement. And for the one who said this is heaven, thats not quite accurate. Get a few chicks in there in a bikini, then it be heaven. :P

Alright your now giving me some dust extraction ideas,

Protoolnut, My dust extraction is not as elaborate as one would think.  Each of three walls contains an MDF box which houses a RIGID shop vac. They are each connected to an Oneida Dust Deputy Cyclone. I cannot say enough good things about those cyclones. I also have one dedicated to the table saw. For my miter station, I have a Festool mini. For sanding, routing, track saw, general cleanup, etc., I have the larger Festool CT vac with Oneida's cyclone on top of that. It all works very well. One investment that I am very pleased with is the JDS air cleaner. That thing moves a ton of air. You cannot imagine how much dust it removes from the air.  BTW, I said the same thing about the girls in Bikinis, but my wife wasn't too happy with that idea :)

Are you friggin' kiddin' me Fazz???????! All this remodeling I'm doing and mine STILL LOOKS LIKE A DUNGEON!!!!!!!! Seriously awesome shop! How's that table saw working out for you and better yet how's the air cleaner working out? I've been using mine but because of this next phase I've taking it down for relocation.

• Like 1

Are you friggin' kiddin' me Fazz? ??????! All this remodeling I'm doing and mine STILL LOOKS LIKE A DUNGEON!!!!!!!! Seriously awesome shop! How's that table saw working out for you and better yet how's the air cleaner working out? I've been using mine but because of this next phase I've taking it down for relocation.

ChrisK1970, I just replied to a post talking about the air cleaner and how much I love it.  In my opinion, it is one of the best items one can put in their shops. The table saw is still crankin .... Everytime I see a Saw Stop, my mind starts to wander ... but Old Yeller has been really good to me so I keep her around.

Yeah, I bought it as soon as one of our members posted it as a deal. I also run two Midis, one is the dedicated power source and DC for my Kapex. The other I use with my TS, routers and sanders. Glad to have another Festool nut on the forum. I'm thinking of starting a support group. You know.....for the inevitable money problems. Quality and Control costs and it's worth it.

• Like 1

Yeah, I bought it as soon as one of our members posted it as a deal. I also run two Midis, one is the dedicated power source and DC for my Kapex. The other I use with my TS, routers and sanders. Glad to have another Festool nut on the forum. I'm thinking of starting a support group. You know.....for the inevitable money problems. Quality and Control costs and it's worth it.

LOL! -- Ain't that the truth ..... In this case, you truly do get what you paid for.

Now that is a cool work area! Where did you get that DeWalt tablesaw? Didn't know they made full size table saws like that. Anyway, what a lucky guy you are with that set up. One of the best I've seen in a while. 

RCWARD, It came out around 2002 or thereabouts.  It was Model DW746. It was the first "Hybrid" table saw made. Not a cabinet saw, not a contractors saw.  It did not come that way that is pictured.  I added all Cast Iron wings and the Sliding table. I love this thing.

Steven, I was a Dewalt junkie back in the day .... My shop was nothing but Yellow and Black LOL!  That being said, When they came out with a table saw, It just seemed like the right thing to do.  I had a Craftsman before that. I have to say, this saw has been very good over the years. I think what sold me on it (besides the color :)), was the sliding table. Really nice and at the time ... reasonably priced.  

Wish they still sold that bigger model, would have bought that instead of my Grizzly.

• Like 1

That is awesome how is the Oneida cyclone do you get good results with your table saw and planner

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

DG1127 - I get great results with both! I highly recommend the cyclones. It is astonishing to me that there is practically no sawdust in the main Vacuum.  The filter is like new. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...