Anyone use the new LED worklights?

mtnkid85

Hey guys,

I see the new Makita DML805 worklights are available through several online vendors now.  Has anyone had a chance to use them yet?  I wonder how they compare to the little red 800lm Husky lights. 

The Makita looks huge!  It would be nice if you could take the light out of that big cage, does anyone know if the adjustment knobs on the sides are captured or can they be screwed all the way off?

Anyway just hoping for some feedback before picking one up.

I have a few in stock. When the light is on, you don't want to look at it. It will cause temporary blindness. If you glance at it, even from far away, you will see spots for a good few minutes. It is really bright. I'm not sure what knobs you are talking about but the knobs on the sides tighten the floodlight so that it won't rotate.

Thanks for the replies guys,

I think Ill go ahead and grab one to compare to my other favorite lights. The pricing on them seems to very considerably! There is a shop that has them for $105, then others have them for 160?  .

Thanks for the replies guys,

I think Ill go ahead and grab one to compare to my other favorite lights. The pricing on them seems to very considerably! There is a shop that has them for $105, then others have them for 160? .

I don't know where you had found them but bishoptools (guy who posted above) has them on ebay for 104.95. Reason they are less then everyone else... because they are the bomb! I buy a fair amount from these guys, great prices, always have the newest tools first, great service and fast shipping.. it's a no brainer to me.

I honestly don't have any affiliation with them, just a happy customer promoting a good business.

• Like 3

Thanks NER, I could have swore I looked at Bishoptools ebay page earlier and saw a higher price.  I would much rather order from them than some other website Ive never heard of. 

So, I grabbed the light (along with the lxt palm sander Ive been wanting) from them as I do appreciate vendors who support the forums!

• Like 1

Hmm, I thought I had updated this thread?

Anyhow,  I got my order in!  The light is great, though I really haven't gotten to use it yet as Ive got an exterior job going.  So Ill give a better update once I actually get to use it.

The little LXOBO1 sander though... it is freaking awesome!  Im loving it!  Ill do a separate post on it, since Ive been using it for the last several days.

And of course Thanks Bishop tools for the good prices and fast delivery!

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

I have the LXLM03, and would be interested how this worklight compares. I know, 750 vs 240 lumens, 20 LEDs vs 12 LEDs, reflector vs diffuser. I would think that the new worklight is using more efficient and higher output LEDs to achieve the 750 lumen rating.

There are limited real world output photos in the dark and none of my local stores has this light for demo. I know "it's bright," but can anyone provide opinions or updates on the DML805's performance? Better yet, hows about a pic or vid with the light on in dark conditions outside?

Thanks!

• 4 months later...

The DML805 is an excellent light and has become my go-to tool when I need some area lighting. My only wish is that Makita had produced a cordless only version of it, as for me the cord adds weight and does not store well on the frame. I have yet to have had any need to plug it into any powered source and do not feel that I ever will, as it I can leave it on high setting for hours without needing to change batteries.

7 hours ago, JMG said:

The DML805 is an excellent light and has become my go-to tool when I need some area lighting. My only wish is that Makita had produced a cordless only version of it, as for me the cord adds weight and does not store well on the frame. I have yet to have had any need to plug it into any powered source and do not feel that I ever will, as it I can leave it on high setting for hours without needing to change batteries.

What size battery(AH size) do you put in it?

• 1 month later...
On 17 mars 2016 at 6:45 PM, JMG said:

Will it charge the battery inside if /when plugged ?