Milwaukee 46in Tool Chest

silica

Does anyone know if it's possible to buy the Milwaukee 46in rolling tool chest online? I missed getting one locally at Home Depot while they had them in stock. The web site now says they have been discontinued. I've searched the web, but I cannot find any to order online. 

i believe they were a "seasonal" item. i'm pretty sure i read or heard in one of the video reviews that these will definitely be back in store. i'm not sure why, but lots of stores that had remaining inventory actually clearanced them at $20-30 off list. they were actually relisted on the website a couple of weeks ago at an increased price... i think it went up to 800 for the set instead of the original 700. they wouldnt increase the price unless they misjudged the market for these things. my guess is that milwaukee underestimated just how good a box they made compared to the competition.

Thanks for the replies. I did ask the local Home Depot guy about them. None of the local stores have any in stock and have not had any stock for quite a while. Guess I'll just keep my fingers crossed and wait. Although the new black DeWalt tool chest that Dan unpacked this week looks nice. I hope they do a segment of TIA on it.

• Like 1

The new Dewalt box is like 1,200 bucks

$1200 for the dewalt? i watched a review of a 40" and if that's the one you're referring to the pricing is absurd.

so even after milwaukee basically showed everybody up by including 2 power strips, self closing drawings, a peg board, a workshelf, and i don't know what else into a box that costs less than $800, these guys still think they can charge 50% more for an inferior product?? i don't think i've heard a negative comment about the milwaukee box other than you need 2 different keys for the locks on each piece. i'm a huge red fan, but money is money and i'm never gonna buy an inferior product just because it's the brand i happen to like, especially if it costs more than the better product. seems like there's a lot of arrogance at dewalt HQ which keeps leading to silly decisions like this and the lack of innovation in their products. i would hope even the most loyal yellow guys would eventually open their eyes and ears and see they're often not getting their money's worth.

I switched my locks. It took all of 15 minutes to swap the locks, taking all the drawers out to gain access took more time than anything.

I did the swap on mine as well, but it took me a little longer. I put the internal parts down besides each other, walked away to do something else, when I came back I put the same parts back in the same locks and had to do it all over again.  

Tools and beer do not mix.  :(

• 2 weeks later...

. Lol hell yea!!!!! I wonder what the price is gonna look like cus that's pretty close to the holidays.

I was wondering the same thing. I have been thinking about getting the Husky like dan and Eric shoot their reviews on. If the Milwaukee comes back I just may have to wait a bit.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

I was wondering the same thing. I have been thinking about getting the Husky like dan and Eric shoot their reviews on. If the Milwaukee comes back I just may have to wait a bit.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

yea that's a nice one I like how easy it is to move around and have a portable work table but man that milwaukee is to damn nice!!