So this just happened....:)

DarynH

Cannot wait to get these out on the job! Excited about the 1200 in lbs,

Nice score man. I have the Makita XPH07 with 1090 inch pounds and that thing has crazy power. I can only imagine what another 110 inch pounds is gonna be like! Enjoy your wrists now because that bad unit could rip your hand off.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

I want to see a tool fight between the best and biggest of all the manufacturers heavy duty drills to show a direct power comparison between all of them. The box power ratings are not the whole story, similar to HP ratings in cars that are at the crank and not the wheel. Some do in/lbs, some do UWO, but none of it is under load...it's all crap.

I'd like to see the drills on a fixed mount with a lever attached inside the chuck that is in contact with an actual pull force scale. In the lowest and highest gear, who puts out what kind of force at full pull with a 100% accurate method.

I know my DCD995 has enough power to probably break my arm if I misused it, and some claim that it's 650UWO would convert to 708 in/lbs. If so, that would make this version of the Fuel something like 40% more powerful than that, which is one hell of a claim if so, almost unbelieveable. 

I want proof. Anyone else? 

• Like 1

I want to see a tool fight between the best and biggest of all the manufacturers heavy duty drills to show a direct power comparison between all of them. The box power ratings are not the whole story, similar to HP ratings in cars that are at the crank and not the wheel. Some do in/lbs, some do UWO, but none of it is under load...it's all crap.

I'd like to see the drills on a fixed mount with a lever attached inside the chuck that is in contact with an actual pull force scale. In the lowest and highest gear, who puts out what kind of force at full pull with a 100% accurate method.

I know my DCD995 has enough power to probably break my arm if I misused it, and some claim that it's 650UWO would convert to 708 in/lbs. If so, that would make this version of the Fuel something like 40% more powerful than that, which is one hell of a claim if so, almost unbelieveable.

I want proof. Anyone else?

Check out AVE on YouTube. He did a torque test on an older Milwaukee and it tested out higher than the listed torque. He's one incredibly smart dude.

https://youtu.be/E4nCrOYzBYo

They may inflate numbers but one thing is for sure, every generation each brand puts out is getting stronger and stronger. So even if it's not exactly 1200 in lbs I'm happy. My older fuel took 4 years a crazy abuse doing more than I should have done with it and it's still runs like new. It may all be a market gimmick but it forces other tool companies to compete and gets us better tools, we win!

• Like 1

They may inflate numbers but one thing is for sure, every generation each brand puts out is getting stronger and stronger. So even if it's not exactly 1200 in lbs I'm happy. My older fuel took 4 years a crazy abuse doing more than I should have done with it and it's still runs like new. It may all be a market gimmick but it forces other tool companies to compete and gets us better tools, we win!

I've been using it for a week now and I believe the 1200in lbs to be true! I've never been so impressed with a drill before! I've been running all dewalt 20v for the last 3 years and after being disappointed with 2 995's I picked up this new drill

Yea they both are actually pretty small but it adds to the surprise when u pull the trigger and see how much power they have! On week 2 now with mine and these guys are still impressing me... But... One thing I did notice is wobble in my chuck. I'm not concerned with it right now as my bits still seem to run straight enough for use but it's enough to catch your eye and notice it. Never had that with my other drills tho

Yea they both are actually pretty small but it adds to the surprise when u pull the trigger and see how much power they have! On week 2 now with mine and these guys are still impressing me... But... One thing I did notice is wobble in my chuck. I'm not concerned with it right now as my bits still seem to run straight enough for use but it's enough to catch your eye and notice it. Never had that with my other drills tho

Wobble on the drill or impact?

On the drill. I think it's to be expected on impacts but I will say this impact has less play in it compared to my dewalt

You should exchange that for a new one.  A drill with any wobble is just unusable with small bits and it will tend to strip out screws too.  If Harbor Freight can make a drill without wobble Milwaukee should be able to as well.

On the drill. I think it's to be expected on impacts but I will say this impact has less play in it compared to my dewalt

I'd exchange it. There's no wobble on my drill. Very little on the impact bit that's because the bits need room to move. There shouldn't be any wobble on a drill bit

i've been pretty much a dewalt guy when it comes to cordless.  some makita too. but this new milwaukee drill seems pretty impressive.  

is it that much more powerful than say the dewalt dcd995?

should i start buying red??

i do like the brushless circular and sawzall that milwaukee has.  i just wish the sawzall had a multi position blade holder.  

I had an XPH07 and yeah, the kick is incredible. After returning that for being a POS, I thought about getting this Mil kit, but ultimately decided on something else. Depending on how you use your drill, a broken wrist may actually be a less likely danger than a broken jaw. Doing electrical, I've gotten punched in the face by 18V batteries a number of times and the more power a drill has, the more likely you are to end up breaking your face or getting knocked off a ladder. Be careful out there.

For your drill to have wobble, the shaft must be seriously bent out of shape, which would be tough to do since its a 1/2 inch diameter. Thats why I say must be a manufacturing defect which should have been spotted by robotic lazers in the factory before it got sent out to the stores. Have it replaced, a drill with a wobble, is just asking for trouble.

Thanks got a new one on the way, should be here tomorrow so we'll see how it is

I had an XPH07 and yeah, the kick is incredible. After returning that for being a POS, I thought about getting this Mil kit, but ultimately decided on something else. Depending on how you use your drill, a broken wrist may actually be a less likely danger than a broken jaw. Doing electrical, I've gotten punched in the face by 18V batteries a number of times and the more power a drill has, the more likely you are to end up breaking your face or getting knocked off a ladder. Be careful out there.

Surprisingly this new Milwaukee kicks back less that my dcd995 did, it seemed like I had to fight that thing everyday. I wouldn't say the Milwaukee is sensitive by any means but maybe more accurately programmed? Either way I can drill an 18" auger bit thru a 16" maple log in high speed so I'm happy!